General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By dro21
#186767 Ok thx to 94_jdm_ferio for inspiring for going with a d16z6 for my future swap.So now that im set with what swap im going with now im starting to figure what mods im going to go with. Since i have never wrenched on a motors internal's before im going to have questions alot of them.so heres the list..Oh and BTW the more i progress with this the more im going to ask :D Im such a noob

-For camshafts im thinking of going with bisimoto level 1.2 or 2(would i need to replace springs and retainers? and what does slight lopey idle mean)
-Do i need cam gears(and if i do can i use for example use skunk2 cam gears even though the camshafts are bisimoto)
-should i get a rebuild kit before i start moding the engine :chair:

the list will go on after i research more :shock:
By Ajax1989
#186778 :shock: i did whaaaaaaa 8)

what are your plans?

for all motor id go wit this
http://fjdistributors.com/product_info. ... cts_id=160

and boost id go wit this
http://fjdistributors.com/product_info. ... cts_id=564

but the bad thing about boostin in cali is you need a carb legal turbo kit and they charge an arm a leg and ur right nut for it..lol

but building a motor is ezier then it seems
and lopy means you have more valve over lap, and you can hear it
its like puttin a big beefy cam in a v8 and its barly idles
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote::shock: i did whaaaaaaa 8)

what are your plans?

for all motor id go wit this
http://fjdistributors.com/product_info. ... cts_id=160

and boost id go wit this
http://fjdistributors.com/product_info. ... cts_id=564

but the bad thing about boostin in cali is you need a carb legal turbo kit and they charge an arm a leg and ur right nut for it..lol

but building a motor is ezier then it seems
and lopy means you have more valve over lap, and you can hear it
its like puttin a big beefy cam in a v8 and its barly idles

Which cam should i go with?...and would a cam effect emissions? And again would the high compression affect emission.....if i lived in socal i could of gone all out and still get the smog passed under the table but since im norcal i dont now anybody that does it.
By Ajax1989
#186851 umm the level 1 is safe for emissions and i dont think high compression will affect emission, do you know where the UTI is up there?

they can do a free smog check for you, well atleast the UTI down here does
By emerica544
#186863 how much hp would the all motor one add?
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:umm the level 1 is safe for emissions and i dont think high compression will affect emission, do you know where the UTI is up there?

uti is right up the road from where i live.....what pistons should i go with the p29 or pm3...and is japanese ndc bearings better than acl duraglide bearings
Last edited by dro21 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ajax1989
#186868 they should be able to do a free smog check for you, i did like 2 ppls when i was in the smog class down here :thumb:
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:they should be able to do a free smog check for you, i did like 2 ppls when i was in the smog class down here :thumb:
you went to uti?
By Ajax1989
dro21 wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:umm the level 1 is safe for emissions and i dont think high compression will affect emission, do you know where the UTI is up there?

uti is right up the road from where i live.....what pistons should i go with the p29 or pm3...and is japanese ndc bearings better than acl duraglide bearings

id go wit the p29's
and i never herd of japanese ndc, but id go wit the acl duraglides :thumb:

you went to uti?

i still do, i graduate in oct
Last edited by Ajax1989 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ajax1989
emerica544 wrote:how much hp would the all motor one add?

the level 1 d16z6 cam adds 10%, so thats 125 * .10 = 12.5 hp gain
the level 2 d16z6 cam adds 15%, so thats 125 * .15 = 18.75 hp gain

:thumb:
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:

id go wit the p29's
and i never herd of japanese ndc, but id go wit the acl duraglides :thumb:

you went to uti?

i still do, i graduate in oct

so is it a good school...its expensive so is it worth it
By Ajax1989
dro21 wrote:so is it a good school...its expensive so is it worth it

ya its a really good school, iv learned so much, ya its a lil expensive but its deff worth it :thumb:
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:

ya its a really good school, iv learned so much, ya its a lil expensive but its deff worth it :thumb:

hey do you kno if theres a hp and torque increase with high comp kit.........dam i should stay quiet i ask to much :P
By Ajax1989
dro21 wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:

hey do you kno if theres a hp and torque increase with high comp kit.........dam i should stay quiet i ask to much :P

yes there is, its not much.. you want every lil hp increase that you can get :thumb:

nd thats how ppl learn, they ask question :thumb:
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:

yes there is, its not much.. you want every lil hp increase that you can get :thumb:

nd thats how ppl learn, they ask question :thumb:

this build is gonna be a bseries killa :D :twisted:.....what the best d series transmission