General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jred
#186591 V-tec are the same prices as SR20 Det in my country....im not saying that im gonna do it cuz i love honda, but if you really think bout it..to buy a V-tec B/H series motor that does about 160 - 200hp stock or an SR20 turbo that puts out 250-270 stock hymmmm...and yes it has been done in trinidad and yes it work damn good, couple of guys did it and their in the low 10's bracket..and yes their daily drivers..and again im not sayin that ill do it but "it kinda makes sense"
By DontHateonEG8
jred wrote:V-tec are the same prices as SR20 Det in my country....im not saying that im gonna do it cuz i love honda, but if you really think bout it..to buy a V-tec B/H series motor that does about 160 - 200hp stock or an SR20 turbo that puts out 250-270 stock hymmmm...and yes it has been done in trinidad and yes it work damn good, couple of guys did it and their in the low 10's bracket..and yes their daily drivers..and again im not sayin that ill do it but "it kinda makes sense"

pics/video or bs!!!
By TrailerTrash
DontHateonEG8 wrote:
jred wrote:V-tec are the same prices as SR20 Det in my country....im not saying that im gonna do it cuz i love honda, but if you really think bout it..to buy a V-tec B/H series motor that does about 160 - 200hp stock or an SR20 turbo that puts out 250-270 stock hymmmm...and yes it has been done in trinidad and yes it work damn good, couple of guys did it and their in the low 10's bracket..and yes their daily drivers..and again im not sayin that ill do it but "it kinda makes sense"

pics/video or bs!!!

this.
By chrono404
#186613 Thats crazy. Wiring that would suck.

ofcourse a turbo powered engine will be faster then an N/A Engine. Get a B18b from a Wrecked integra and Turbo Charge that.
By jred
chrono404 wrote:Thats crazy. Wiring that would suck.

ofcourse a turbo powered engine will be faster then an N/A Engine. Get a B18b from a Wrecked integra and Turbo Charge that.

trinidadians can do anything dude have you seen the video above? we holds records ect. the first rotary powered RWD B11 nissan sunny, a 4g63det 1984 lancer (aka SKF lancer) "was fastest 4cylinder in the world, we also hold the record for fastest drag rail in the world...soo weird swaps and transplants are a norm here. you'd be amazed :woot:
By ChicagoMike
#186624 My opinion......

If I wanted a Nissan, I'd go buy one.

chrono404 wrote:ofcourse a turbo powered engine will be faster then an N/A Engine

Not always. :wink:
By Carfanatic
#186625 sick...!
But still wrong to put a nissan engine in a honda! :thumbdown:
By Classiccarsrule85
#186631 this is almost like putting a chevy motor in a ford

lol but not quite since to be completely honest i dont like the nissan motors of today. maybe a nice 240z or 280zx turbo motor but im a purest so to speak and honda made a reputation on their motors so if anything id do the exact opposite if there was a nissan that well i liked but eventeh new z'sdont catch my interests since its obd2 :thumbdown:
By jred
ChicagoMike wrote:My opinion......

If I wanted a Nissan, I'd go buy one.

chrono404 wrote:ofcourse a turbo powered engine will be faster then an N/A Engine

Not always. :wink:

wel said!
By {ikon}EM1
TrailerTrash wrote:
DontHateonEG8 wrote:

pics/video or bs!!!

this.

That
By flyinryan122

Efff the sr20det. Get the sr20 Neo VVL. It's basically like a GSR of nissans. It's got ''vtec'' haha. Much better head than the regular sr heads. we swapped one into a 200sx and with a garrett 60-1 made 480hp stock motor.

But seriously, keep nissan engines, in NISSANS.

Now Nisda is a different story ;) (google nissan nisda for some info) ((or i can explain for those interested))
By TrailerTrash
#187095 +1 for creativity but -2 for one hideous coupe
By asianrob
#187117 ive seen SR's and 4G's in our cars i dont think its worth it.. when you can do J series and still be faster.

if you wanted to do that SR youd have to source it from a Sunny GTiR