General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By dro21
#186544 Well im currently saving cash to buy a swap but i cant decide on what..so this where i need help from you folks..here some info so you guys can work with :D

-no swaps over $2,200
-dohc or sohc (doesnt matter)
-im most likely only doing basic bolt ons(maybe camshafts and adjustable cams)
-occasional drag racing
-no ls/vtec or b20(one of the things that makes me hate cali)
-oh i daily drive my car

thats pretty much all i can think of so if you got any questions ask away.
By country_civic
#186570 you can get a jdm d15b sohc vtec swap for less than $1000 or you can get a b18b dohc non vtec swap for about $1200 thats about about the cheapest swaps your gonna have without doing the mini-me swap

but with any of the options listed above you'll have money left over to build bolt-on and anything else your car needs
By 99cx
#186573 yeah, i would go with the JDM D15B.
they go for cheap so you can use the extra cash for headers and junk.
I love my D15B. makes a lovely noise :love:
By forcefedEG
#186604 are you oppose to a b20v? or a striat b20? or both? id either do a na LS or na b20, get a gsr trans and maybe do some head work and possibly a dry shot of nitrous...

if you shop around you could probally meet your goal for that kind of dollar figure...

http://www.tigerjapanese.com/index.php? ... e&Itemid=1
^ there prices are decent...

i had my b20 in my old ef for a while with a gsr trans and it ran really good for what it was.... and i had the same motor in my eg that has the b16 in it now, with the b20 si gears and a stock clutch it barked 4th....
By dro21
forcefedEG wrote:are you oppose to a b20v? or a striat b20? or both? id either do a na LS or na b20, get a gsr trans and maybe do some head work and possibly a dry shot of nitrous...

if you shop around you could probally meet your goal for that kind of dollar figure...

http://www.tigerjapanese.com/index.php? ... e&Itemid=1
^ there prices are decent...

i had my b20 in my old ef for a while with a gsr trans and it ran really good for what it was.... and i had the same motor in my eg that has the b16 in it now, with the b20 si gears and a stock clutch it barked 4th....

I dont think i can get any b20 bard i might be mistaken though...
By Ajax1989
#186642 if you want you can swap the d16z6 in your car WITHOUT barring the motor and hit up bisimoto for a cam they run about 350 for his level 2 which is a 15 hp gain and run his cam and springs and that lil z6 will smash.. this will cost around the same price as the jdm d15b

if ur in cali you want to stay usdm unless you got alot of money to pay for tickets cause the jdm motor
By forcefedEG
dro21 wrote:I dont think i can get any b20 bard i might be mistaken though...

what do you mean by bard :?
By dro21
forcefedEG wrote:
dro21 wrote:I dont think i can get any b20 bard i might be mistaken though...

what do you mean by bard :?

Meaning i cant get it legalized so i dont get any problems if the police pulls me over.....and they have the b20 under a light truck motor and you cant have a light truck motor in a passenger car.
By forcefedEG
#186646 ^ thats dick, va has nothing like that :x .... sorry man... didnt know cali was that strict...
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:if you want you can swap the d16z6 in your car WITHOUT barring the motor and hit up bisimoto for a cam they run about 350 for his level 2 which is a 15 hp gain and run his cam and springs and that lil z6 will smash.. this will cost around the same price as the jdm d15b

if ur in cali you want to stay usdm unless you got alot of money to pay for tickets cause the jdm motor

Im liking the idea of a z6.....would i only need the motor and trans and reuse my harness,axles,etc..
By Ajax1989
#186652 ya here in cali we got so many laws its stupid.. there tryin to out law the yellow fogs..lol

but ya since the z6 came in the si hatch stock you dont have to bar it
and all you would need is the z6 motor z6 trans and z6 ecu which is the p28.. yes the harness plugs rite up and the axles fit rite in too.. but you just need to wire up vtec which is real easy.. or go to the junk yard and find a vtec soleniod clip for the harness

and hit this site up he is the sohc god/king
http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?mai ... ucts_id=65
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:ya here in cali we got so many laws its stupid.. there tryin to out law the yellow fogs..lol

but ya since the z6 came in the si hatch stock you dont have to bar it
and all you would need is the z6 motor z6 trans and z6 ecu which is the p28.. yes the harness plugs rite up and the axles fit rite in too.. but you just need to wire up vtec which is real easy.. or go to the junk yard and find a vtec soleniod clip for the harness

and hit this site up he is the sohc god/king
http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?mai ... ucts_id=65
i have vtec-e so i dont think i have to wire it in...i maybe wrong
By Ajax1989
#186656 i dont think so,it should be the same harness, but the vx model is the emission friendly car, it might have some emission devices the si/dx/cx dont have idk..

but all i know is the smog teachers at my school, said it needs to be same yr or newer motor, and if its a motor that another model car has like if the dx, you can swap the si motor witout barring.. so that would be your best bet, and its a cheap swap
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:i dont think so,it should be the same harness, but the vx model is the emission friendly car, it might have some emission devices the si/dx/cx dont have idk..

but all i know is the smog teachers at my school, said it needs to be same yr or newer motor, and if its a motor that another model car has like if the dx, you can swap the si motor witout barring.. so that would be your best bet, and its a cheap swap

I cant find any websites that sell the z6 long block.....oh and for the emission crap i think i have todo something with o2 sensor or some sh!t like that.