General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By country_civic
#186423 right now i own a 92 dx hatch with a mini-me z6 swap and an auto to manual conversion . i love my setup right now but i just traded my old ls/vtec si tranny setup for a odb1 h22a lsd setup complete with everything needed to install ecu axels billet mounts and uncut harness . i think i made out on the deal cause the si tranny needed rebuilt . but now im up in the air about this new setup i have . b-series and d-series are no brainers to me but i dont know shit about h-series . my goal is to have at least 250 hp at the wheels a big step for a single cam without dumping alot of money , but from what ive read about h-series they dont do boost that well . but here is my big question sell the mini-me swap and build the h22 or sell the h22 and sink it in the mini-me ?????????? need your help thanks
By forcefedEG
#186431 honestly thats kinda tough, i love the torque of an h, but i just cannot get myself to stray from a b series.... honestly if you did type sh pistons and full built the head it would be fairly impressive all motor, and your right h22's do not like boost on the FMR liners... all 96+ h22 have them and the 92-95 h22 have sleeves like a b series and d series... its honestly just your preference friend :thumb: idc what anyone says... your sohc will never have torque like a H22....
By country_civic
#186450 My h22a is a 94 with a 95 lsd tranny . i do love torque and neck snapping power . i love the b series as well the hatch i have now is the only civic ive ever had a d-series . i love the gas milelage but i hate it when all the neons cobalts wanna race and i just dont have the grunt off the line . hell i might sell the mini-me swap in the h22 for awhile until i find a ctr or itr setup then sell the h22 and convert over to odb2 alot more tunability with odb2 anyway . thanks i got to think about over the summer now .
By forcefedEG
country_civic wrote: hell i might sell the mini-me swap in the h22 for awhile until i find a ctr or itr setup then sell the h22.

that is something to think about :thumb: the h22 in a hatch would be pretty impressive tho :lol:
By country_civic
#186592 yeah the h22 would be impressive good torque and lots of speed up top but for what i wanna do i think a b-series will make the power goals i have . i've been in hatches with both h22's and itr swaps and for the most neck snapping wheel spinning helluva good time the itr takes it when vtec kicks in and the tires kick loose in 3rd nothing better . but i cant afford $5k right now
By forcefedEG
#186595 yeah im a b series fan all the way... im impressed with my poormans R, ive never been in a true itr...
By country_civic
#186596 my buddy had one in a 92 cx full gut lol the only gauge he had was a tach it was a beast
By forcefedEG
#186597 i know a boy that had one in an ek and it ran good but i never rode in it :cry: it like you said would chatter the tires in 3rd :weee: