General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By tigerafro
#184812 i found out that i lost a bolt to my 2 piece header. its the bolt where the two pieces connect. how big is the bolt, where can i get a new one, and where can i get a gasket that goes between the header pieces?
By forcefedEG
#184813 what kind of header? i would contact the company for gaskets? id take one of the other bolts out for comparison...
By tigerafro
forcefedEG wrote:what kind of header? i would contact the company for gaskets? id take one of the other bolts out for comparison...

i bought my header off ebay. should i just buy another header?
By forcefedEG
#184829 im probally going to get flamed by someone on here for telling you this, but id drill the flange and find a bolt and nut to fit it and draw it down, for a gasket you can use the permatex silicone with the bronze addative in it, it is highly resistant to heat, put a think heavy bead on each flange (bt 1/8th in thick) and draw the 2 together so it slightly smashes out around the flange, i wouldnt tell you this if i hadnt tried it myself and it works... the ebay header on my dd is like this and i did it over 2 1/2 year ago, not a problem one outa it :thumb:
By forcefedEG
teal_dx wrote:If the bolts are coming loose, use a lock washer too
that wouldnt hurt either :thumb:
By tigerafro
#184915 thanks guys. i found a gasket replacement of ebay, but if that doesn't work, i'll definately try that. i know you guess wouldn't steer me wrong. :thumb: