General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By JDMLYFE
Dport wrote:I'll be doing this today. Daily car that gets 40 MPG's with 251k. I'll post up my results once i'm done!

let us know how it goes :thumb:

im thinking of doing this. my dd with 268k
By couch_c
#327566 When putting 1/3 into the brake booster, does it go into the line to the brake booster or the one towards the manifold? I've been putting it into the line that goes to the booster, I hope nothing bad happens haha
By HaydenSI
cleenEX_93 wrote:ive heard that if you seafoam and you have any cracks or leaks in your engine you could remove build up that was (in a weird way) helping your car by coving the cracks and having it removed would definately help with emmissons but maybe reveal other isuses.... any one knw if that is true...

:?

i would like to try it also but at the same time worried if itll cause problems by removing build up
[/quote]

I've done this on a variety of cars that I have owned. And you are right. I had blown valve seals but i guess the prior owner neglected them for so long (I dont quite know how you can miss that) That enough carbon built up and the problem "went away" until you remove the carbon that is.

In the long run its a smart move. If can show you where problems are in your car that may not be major but can surely lead to major problems.
By bigpunn421
#327591 i dont like to put this in my oil.....this is why

your bearings and seals build up a coating or film over time to help protect them. the sea foam eats that away.

not good for the oil imo. but in the vac line and gas i do that on my high milage cars. but never on anything under 100k.

do it at your own risk.