General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By JDM-EG
#183837 anyway my car was D15B manual
1st case,anytime i change gear n when i release my clutch,the rpm drop direct from let say when it is 3,000rpm then to around 100rpm n u can feel the vibration from low idle at ur car.normally when we release the clutch,the rpm suppose drop back to 800 or maybe 900 depend on ur own idle,rite ?
2nd case,when i release my clutch when at 1st gear ( the car is not moving yet ) with the good skill release clutch n accelerate,the rpm also drop to 100rpm n then going up from 100 to ... ( as fast as normal )
meaning everytime when i accelerate,the speed is always begin from 100rpm,i cant even have a good acceleration if the problem cant solve...
any idea ? appreciate it when ur idea can fix or work on it... thanks
By 99cx
#183839 when you first turn on the car, how does it idle?
does it shake or anything other than normal?
By JDM-EG
#183865 when i start my car when the engine is cold,the rpm look like normal around 1,700rpm and then back to 1,000 few second later ( when in cold condition,when hot temparature is around 800 )
but once i start my car when in hot condition,the rpm start from around 100 or 200,1 or 2 second later then bac to normal 800
thanks for the reply ~
By JDM-EG
#183866 does it shake or anything other than normal?

it looks normal when start the car in cold condition
but looks not normal when start in hot condition
no shake
By ikon
#183895 start with the basics... clean the idle air control valve, the fast idle thermo valve, and the sensors on the manifold (map sensor, intake air temp sensor, etc.) the iacv is on the back of the manifold. its held on by two 12mm bolts. clean the screen and the open port with carb cleaner....

then the fitv. its under the throttle body. its held on by three 10mm bolts and has all the coolant lines running to it.

take it apart and unscrew the big white thing inside with a flathead screwdriver. then put it all back together. its easy :thumb: