General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Welsh-CivicHB
#182379 just browsing for engines for mine and i came across this site -

http://www.japandirectjapanese.com/home.php?cat=1

don't know if this has been posted up before, if so sorry :oops: they have full engine setups for decent prices imo :D but are'nt the cheapest i don't think :P

hope this helps anyone who is lookin to do a swap :thumb:
By JUICE
#182380 make a review after you get the motor.....

hmotors seems to be the only one that people guarantee is reliable for having an engine shipped. I've heard horror stories about others. I happen to have a quite large importer right in town (japan engines inc) no shipping makes things a lot easier!
By Welsh-CivicHB
#182382 yeah true, that might be quite a while away yet though :(

didn't think of that either, will have to explore it more to see if it's legit :P
By stubrun
Welsh-CivicHB wrote:yeah true, that might be quite a while away yet though :(

didn't think of that either, will have to explore it more to see if it's legit :P

hehe so an engine swap is on the cards buddy :lol:
By Welsh-CivicHB
#182384 haha yep, it's so tempting!! deicided i'd either get a B16a or B16b, but it's just the insurance! and money of course :( another year or so maybe, it will defo happen anyways, even if i have to wait like 10 years :lol: :thumb:
By JUICE
#182388 i wouldn't even waste my time with a B16....

my stock LS w/ bolt-ons has yet to get beat by a stock B16 in ANYTHING. including a gutted hatch with a LEGIT B16B CTR motor...

just my opinion 8)
By Welsh-CivicHB
#182389 hrmmmm... i'm confused now then :lol:

we'll see what happens in the future then :D
By stubrun
#182391 heres a little video of my brothers old ek4 with a 204hp b16b motor init,
(top video was after the engine was fitted and the bottom one was after the Mfactory cross gear kit was fitted. the knocking is from the spoon lsd which had the wrong grade oil in it)
the only down side to the b is the price over a b16a. you could do a b18c4 quite cheap :)
By blk92hb
#182398 stay away from osaka japan i bought a 92-95 sir2 motor and got a ek b16a. its a jdm motor with the s4c trans but wrong year motor so i had all kinds of problem with wiring due to the obd2 injectors, alternator, intake manifold, and iat sensor. they were suppose to give me a wiring harness with the motor but i never got it so stay away from them btw a ls motor is only good for torque thats why ppl put on vtec heads on them to get more power
By JUICE
#182403 good to know about that supplier.

and....

blk92hb wrote: a ls motor is good for boost to get more power

fix'd

VTAK? :P
By Welsh-CivicHB
stubrun wrote:heres a little video of my brothers old ek4 with a 204hp b16b motor init,
(top video was after the engine was fitted and the bottom one was after the Mfactory cross gear kit was fitted. the knocking is from the spoon lsd which had the wrong grade oil in it)
the only down side to the b is the price over a b16a. you could do a b18c4 quite cheap :)

damn thats quick mate! :shock: yeah ill look around then :thumb: cheers :)
By Chance
#182569 H-Motors.

8)
By JUICE
stubrun wrote:heres a little video of my brothers old ek4 with a 204hp b16b motor init,

thats cool, but thats definitely not a *stock B16B motor....
By fatcoupe
#183732 if u looking for bseries swaps the cheapest i have found is http://tigerjapanese.com/ but they ONLY ship to businesses...and for a lil more http://hmotorsonline.com/ they ship to the door. the b20 that runs the ej1 (and soon to run my eg2 :thumb: ) came from tiger. both legit as a mofo