General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By i8umup
#178275 ok so i got my new h22 in and its running ok heres the only issue that i have thus far. when the car is sitting at a idle it holds like 1000-1200 rpm no bouncing no nothing nice and firm idle. on my intake i have a port that i forgot to plug. when i noticed it i put my finger over this vaccum port and the car will bogg down and shut off but as long as its open to the air it will idle fine. also when im driving a distance once i come to a stop im getting some idle surge. any help with this i would appriciate it :thumb:
By ikon
#178277 teh idle surge wouild either be the iacv or the fitv( if its cold out) try cleaning both. you should never leave a port open. plug it then disconnect the battery to reset the ecu and sensors then turn it ond and adjust the idle from there.
By i8umup
#178278 thanks i figured the iacv was the bouncy idle issue. but i did the ecu reset like 3 times today and it still will not idle with out that one port open. i just dont get it
By i8umup
#178842 just so that it is known i figured out what was causin my engine to stall out once the last open vacuum line was closed up. found out it was my throttle body. for some reason the accelerator linkage when you let of the gas pedal. would completely shut the tb butterfly. causing it to shutter, starve for air and die. had a spare changed it out and all works fine now. also cleaned my iacv and have no more bouncy idle so im stoked. thanks for the help guys.
By pinky
#179135 How do you like the swap?
By i8umup
#179296 personaly i love it. other than the fact that the engine has no ground clearance i cant find anything bad to say about the swap. pot holes are not your friends. but great power good torque just all around good swap for the money.