General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jdmzach
#176138 ok, as some of you know, ive been trying to get this mini me running right in my coupe. ive figured out some things..

i do have a 95 civic DX coupe, not a EX

i have the dx harness instead the a6 si harness

a couple plugs are missing for some sensors i think

it starts, runs good, does idle up and down until it gets warm, like most honda's, i figure the idle part is the FITV needing cleaned, from what ive read..i can rev it up, sounds good, does hesitate a little bit when first revved but when i pump the gas a few times it picks up and sounds mean lol

also, when going down the road, if i slightly give it throttle, itll run good, no missing, no cutting out, i mean runs good, but when i start feeding it throttle and start puttin a load on the engine, like to go up hills or to just go fast, it starts bogging/cutting out/sputtering, but i can press the clutch, rev it a time or 2, then give it gas and itll pick up and run strong...or iif i try giving it gas and it starts bogging i can sometimes just let off the gas and punch it and itll pick up and run strong also...this has me a little confused. im pretty positive the timing isnt the issue but dont have access to a timing light for few weeks so i cant verify its in "perfect" time. i was thinking maybe the FPR was going bad? the iat plug is nowhere to be found on my wiring harness, but i dont think that is part of my problem..or is it? also, the purge solenoid is not on my z6 manifold, could it also be a factor? i found a couple loose wires around the front of the motor, close to where the trans bolts to the block...2 wires is black, one is grn/black, one is yellow? any help would be appreciated
By teal_dx
#176172 do you have check engine light on and what are the codes?
You need the IAT hooked up. If your harness does not have it, You'll need to run wires and pick one up from the junk yard.

So what kind of motor do you have (block, head, intake manifold)? What ecu are you running?
By d-mon
#176183 are you on hondaswap.com?
you still need to set the base timing to 16* btdc to get it to run correctly.
there is now way around this.
also, please post pics of senors.
By jdmzach
#176241 i dont have a way to do the timing part ur talking about, that part is gonna have to wait at least a couple weeks til i can afford to pay someone with a timing light to do it. i dont know wat else to do, im bout to just drive it off a cliff or sell it guys, im tired of throwing all my time and money at it for the problems to stay behind.
By jdmzach
#176259 heres what i did, i read on here to try switching the sensors on the intake, so i took the sensor off the iat an put it in the iacv, this made my car run a little better but not much, so i checked cels and had 3...10, 14, and 19. i know why im getting 19, and pretty sure 10 is cuz i unhooked the iat. so i switched the sensor plug back to iat and now the iacv dont have a plug, so it still throws the code...i did take some pics today with my freinds cam but dont see how to post pics here..?[/img]
By d-mon
#176278 is the engine sitting crooked in your car?
are you using all the correct mounts?
is that the a6 IM? pics are so big its hard to tell.
take a look a Teal's wire tuck thread, you can see lots of details there.
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=92
By jdmzach
#176281 the driver side of the engine slants down just a lil bit due to a bad mount...its a z6 intake, and yea sorry pics are so big, i wanted to give full detail
By teal_dx
#176287 http://hondaswap.com/members/zach_teg_k ... 2/2049.jpg

where to begin besides the whole engine installed crooked...

- open vac line on your intake tube, the line from the corner of the valve cover is supposed to go to that hole.

- ground wire is supposed to go on the lower right corner of the valve cover.

- replace that ground wire with one that isn't ripping apart - grounds are very important

http://hondaswap.com/members/zach_teg_k ... 2/2050.jpg

the black sensor on the back right is the evap purge solenoid valve. it normally has a vacuum line going into the top, then another line leaving it going to the charcoal canister.

http://hondaswap.com/members/zach_teg_k ... /322/2051/

that white sensor is your IAT. it normally has a plug with red & yellow wires going to it. you need that to be plugged in.

that grey plug hanging there... what color are those wires? Dies that fit the evap purge valve?
By d-mon
#176289 after seeing your pics, the least i could do is go to my parents house and snap a few pic of a Z6 with the harnesss still connected. distributor and O2 sensor is gone but those are the only connectors loose.
hope this helps.
By jdmzach
#176299 yea that plug fits the purge vale, but its not been hooked up in a long time...the iat is hooked up now but i cant find the iacv plug?
By d-mon
#176315 should be on your d15b7 harness.
has it been cut off?
or just dangling where you cant see it?
By jdmzach
#176321 i couldnt find it anywhere..im bout to just say fuckit and go buy a ex harness, which will more than likely fix all my problems, includig the vtec lol do i need to get this stock p28 ecu converted to manual since its a auto ecu? wat is the difference in the auto and manual ecu's? all i kno is auto ecu's throw a cel code in manual cars, which is wat its doin in mine....also would i have any cel codes if the timing is off?