General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By nickbrungard
#171316 Take from this what you will but I feel that i need to tell my story. I do not have an entirely bad feeling from the company although It could have been much better. I recently needed to purchase an engine for my 94 civic ex once the timing belt snapped at 205,000 miles. Figured that for 650. i couldn't go wrong with a 40000 mile jdm imported sohc zc engine to bolt right in. Picture on ebay showed all sensors, alternator, most wiring etc intact although not warrentied. Well when they say that you will recieve one similar to the pic rest assure it will not be as good. or in my opinion even close. sure it will be the same model( atleast the first time). When the engines are shipped they are not crated or kept from damaging themselves in any way. I suspected this from the broken sensors, oil cap and yes even intake on my first engine. I confirmed this notion when i saw them unloading the truck upon returning my engine.. Yes i returned the first one... I installed the first engine dispite what looked internally to be an engine with 80000plus on original oil. As you would expect it knocked terribly and was filling the oil pan with aluminum chunks. So i called and they agreed to swap it for another. I called monday and wednesday of the same week to double check they had one to replace it before i rented a truck and drove the 2hrs to have it swapped and they said yes kinda smart as if they had hundreds. Well when i got there they DID NOT have my engine and tried to push a d15b on me. After telling them how disappointed i was they agreed to take 100. off which is no special deal since this is what they charge for them on there web site. After installing this 2nd engine and renting a 2nd truck the d15b with less power and tq then stock does run and seem to be a good engine. Again. Take from this what you want but this is my experience with japaneseeengines a seller out of patterson nj. The receipt has nippon engines inc also on it. japaneseengines is there ebay name i guess.
By egsedanguy
#171318 first off i would never order any engine off of ebay.
second i would never order a motor without a warrenty
third i would never have settled for somthing other than what i wanted.
By nickbrungard
#171320 Could of should of would of. Guess i let people push me around easily because i try to understand there side. Never the less if i can forwarn even one person before they go through the same trouble i guess it not as hard for me to swallow.
By nickbrungard
#171325 I would have been fine paying more. All i wanted was the most reliable option without having to change everything like i would going to a dohc or k series. Thought since they are somewhat close i would go with them. Wish i would have known of these sites a month ago. nice to see them give info on the actual engine being sold not a generic posting for all engines of the type.
By Dippin_EG
#171336 so you have vtech now? lol i keed. i thought about your first thread. that sucks, but with ebay, you get what you pay for. :thumb:
By nickbrungard
#171338 very funny. yea. still havent lived that one down.
By d-mon
{ikon}EM1 wrote:man thats f...up. u paid 650? whats that saying you get what you paid for... especially from ebay... you should have tryed http://www.tigerjapanese.com/ or http://www.osakajdmmotors.com/introsubaru.htm

tiger japanese? and join these happy campers?
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.ph ... r+japanese
hmotorsonline

or nothing.
By nickbrungard
#171550 Thanks for the heads up. It almost seems like the only way to know exactly what you have unfortunitly is to have a local shop rebuild what you have if its not an upgrade or swap. I guess i feel kinda lucky that the shop i delt with held good on the warrenty.
By HungRealLow21
#300860 i must say i love ebay i have never had no bad experience ever!!!!
feedback drives this sellers i have gotten stuff and claimed it to be the wrong size and or damaged and i usually get refunded and get to keep the part altough i dont do this as much as it seems but i have odne it a couple of times plus ebay garantees your purchase if its not what it is described ebay will refund you and sue the company
By suspendedHatch
#300878 Every time I've called HMotors they never have anything and the wait is a few months out, with no promises and not much interest in returning your calls.

Best thing I've found is to find a seller, whether through ebay or whatever, then go to their physical location and pick out the motor yourself. I found a place called Sochen and they let me look over their stock, then they loaded the engine into the trunk of my DA with a forklift.

Best way to transport an engine in a DA hatch btw is to remove the carpet, throw a couple old tires back there with lots of cardboard, newspaper, and rags. Oh and drive carefully.

Also transported a D series in the back of a VX for over 800 miles.
By brandoff88
#301293 hahah i have most of my old motor sitting in my trunk too...and im seriously serious, guys tigerjapanese is pretty good, motor came when it was supposed to nothing was broken and everything looks good, did routine maintence and put my old wiring and re wrapping most of it on there and its comin along, i will say i was skeptical at first but it was crated and belive me, it was a pain to remove all the wrapping and steel cables lol..that bitch didnt want to come off that crate, and i felt special they pulled a semi up to my front door and put it where i wanted :thumb: which then turns out was a bad spot so i had to move the whole thing myself :thumbdown: who knew a 4 cylinder weighed so much HAHA!
By blk92hb
#301394 stay away from osakajapan. i ordered a obd1 b16a and i got that plus obd2 everything else it was a pain in the ass!!! then i had to argue with the people for the wiring harness that i paid for.
By Young Zero
#301397 hmotors did me pretty good and have helped me with any and all questions or concerns i have had...they dont always get to answer the phones but have returned my calls which i wasnt really expecting so it was kinda nice...sorry to hear your story man