General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By 95CivEg
#141602 So I was driving home the other day and my battery light comes on and the power steering starts to go out slowly so I pull over into a parking lot and turned the car off to see whats up....I dont see ANYTHING. Turned it back on and NO belts are turning...??? The next day I discovered the Crank Pulley Bolt twisted off! :x

Here is the picture with the end of the bolt still inside-

This is after I got it out...

Im just wondering if this has happened to anybody else ever?? **Stock D16Z6 no mods internally or tampering.
By Chance
#141603 It happens.. some crank pulleys are made with kind of breakable seal that will go before ,so you dont snap the bolt and/or eff stuff up.
By 95CivEg
#141605 Nothing happened to the Crank Pulley it fine.
By teal_dx
#141620 that sucks, how did you get the broken bolt out of the crank?

I've heard of this but this is the first I have ever seen a pic of. Looks like a new bolt & woodruff key and you will be back on the road :thumb:
By Dippin_EG
teal_dx wrote:I've heard of this but this is the first I have ever seen a pic of.

x2. never seen that before. thats crazy.
By Ajax1989
#141691 damn d00d that sucks

id say use the red loctite on the new bolt but it wont ever come back out..
i hope this never happens to me :thumbdown:
By GoRide
#141703 my friend Y7 did this in the middle of a parking lot.... luckly no one was hurt!
By 95CivEg
#141724 It was pretty easy actually i thought i was goin to have to drill it out or weld a bolt onto it but after the head of the bolt is out, all the pressure is off the bolt inside.
I just sprayed it really good with WD-40 let it sit for awhile then took two screwdrivers and turned the stuck bolt out. :thumb:
By BLaCkSiLo
95CivEg wrote:It was pretty easy actually i thought i was goin to have to drill it out or weld a bolt onto it but after the head of the bolt is out, all the pressure is off the bolt inside.
I just sprayed it really good with WD-40 let it sit for awhile then took two screwdrivers and turned the stuck bolt out. :thumb:

so lucky to get the rest of it out! :shock:

i still can't believe it did that....craaaaazy
By Ej2-B16a
#144959 bro just find another oem bolt and torque it to about 150 ftlbs. it wont go anywhere nor will it snap.

your lucky your timing belt didnt try to come off on you.

other wise your valves and pistons could of had hot sex...
By 95CivEg
#145022 Alright, so after a new pulley-$135, bolt-$7, and woodruff key-$4 bout to

start putting it back together and find this demolished motor mount lol->

Heres the new one($30) and after i got the old one out which was a :x haha

Runs like new now and can definitely feel the difference of the mount when

i shift. Pretty easy to install the only hard part is getting the nut off the

original bolt.
By BurqueB16
Ej2-B16a wrote:bro just find another oem bolt and torque it to about 150 ftlbs. it wont go anywhere nor will it snap.

your lucky your timing belt didnt try to come off on you.

other wise your valves and pistons could of had hot sex...

:lol: :lol: :loloops:
By LogiTech
#225878 :thumb: still alive? mate you have nice resolution of those photos.. talking about crankshaft.. do you know where to locate the crankshaft seal? I would greatly appreciate if you'll share to us your photo expertise.. thanks!