General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Dons_EG8
#136387 well i have a 93 four door everything is stock. i was driving down the road the other day and my car just stopped running it sounds like it wants to turn over but just doesn't i can hear the fuel pump prime when i turn the key. i'm gonna tear into tomorrow to see what i can find just thought i would see if this has happened to any one and they can give me a headstart on where to look first. thanks guys
By Ajax1989
#136390 maybe the main relay
or you might have snapped the timing belt
By Dons_EG8
#136538 ya and it feels like it still tries to start up normally just doesnt get spark or something good thing i hav an eg that works so i can see whats wrong
By Dons_EG8
#136613 alright i took my distributor from my other eg and put it in and it started right up thanks for your replies guys
By Joplies
#136625 Yet another problem solved today by spare parts :thumb:
By BLaCkSiLo
#137456 yeah, my buddy had a civic that did that...couldn't believe that the distributor just straight died driving on the freeway... glad you got it fixed man and no timing belt issue :thumb:
By bucopandan
#139335 it must be the ignition coil inside the dizzy. keep your original dizz as u can still use it in the future if parts from the current one breaks.