General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By ChicagoMike
Darb 2k wrote:Sorry the fuel pump.

That A/f is way off!

Yup, I had the same exact problem with my ITR motor in my EG. It couldnt keep up in the high RPM's. Probably explains why its soooo lean when in VTEC.

I wouldnt be going over 3000 RPM's until this is worked out. :eh: It'd be a shame to pop that motor.
By Darb 2k
#16129 What about a B16b?

im pretty sure my Fuel pump is stock.
By ChicagoMike
Darb 2k wrote:What about a B16b?

I'd switch that shit out. Walbro 255 FTW!!
By Darb 2k
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:

Im pretty sure that stock is fine tho. I mean its not like its turbo or anything right?
By ChicagoMike
Darb 2k wrote:
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:

Im pretty sure that stock is fine tho. I mean its not like its turbo or anything right?

Compare your stock motor to the B16b and you tell me. :wink:
By -EJ1- COUPE
#16437 i would agree with mike a stock civic pump is small and a stock motor doesnt need much fuel throw a itr motor in there you should most def change the pump and get at least a simple tune so it dont blow. at least if it were rich it would be safer then being lean
By Hereg6
#16439 I'm going to get a new fuel pump and fuel filter then hopefully it wont run lean anymore but if it does then i'm gonna get it tuned.Right now the car isn't driven as much and when i do drive it i baby my car i don't want to blow it up

Thanks for everyones help :)
By teal_dx
#16440 I'm surprised the tuner didn't catch it running so lean the first time :shock:

either way, I'd get it tuned after. It's like insurance - $150-200 bucks is worth the piece of mind that you're not ruining your motor :thumb:

You still have the issue of running bad when the weather is hot right? A tune could solve that too. Then if it starts running worse when the weather cools off, save that tune and have it tuned again for the colder weather.
By Hereg6
#16441 In the cooler weather the car runs great i don't have a problem even when it 3 degrees outside the car run even better.It was like this when it was turbo also.my car has ran the same was for about 4 years now.My boyfriend is the one that told me when i drive my car baby it until he can work on it.It only run weird when it's 100+ outside
I think my car is tell me i need to move out of the desert :lol:
By ChicagoMike
#16448 Its running better when its cold because your dumping in more fuel. The intake air temp reading is lower, so it tells the ECU to give more fuel.