Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By STOCK4DR
#116687 I have a completely stock dd 4dr civic it has 220,000 miles just put tons of work into it tb,wp,rebuilt head, cap, rotor,plugs,wires i mean everything except rotating assembly is new, still had the problem. The car had some input shaft noise from trans so rebuilt trans and put in new clutch. Now all of the things i just mentioned had to be done anyway i did not do them to solve the rev problem however what can it be maybe the ecm going bad but i have no idea i drive the car everyday 60 miles and it runs like a top just will not rev past 5k, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
By chrono404
#116688 What happens after 5k? fuel cut?

If So, disconnect your ecu and reconnect it. Then remove the 7.5A fuse in your engine bay for 5-10mins and reinstall it.

That will reset your ecu to make sure its not an ECU Issue.

Also just to confirm, Is this a 100% Stock ECU. or has this been chipped?
By drago742gtr
#116721 my friend had that same problem he changed the ecu and it fixed it try changing the ecu if u can and see wht happens
By dawg316
#116776 any CEL ? car might be running in limp mode
By STOCK4DR
#116786 yea the ecu is completely stock no chip or anything, i am goona try and disconnect it nd pull the fuse and see where that gets me thanx for everyones imput
By STOCK4DR
#116900 sorry i did not state the year its a 94 lx
By STOCK4DR
#116903 it just bounces of rev limiter after 5k,
By dawg316
#117001 if it wont rev psat 5k in all gears that means your ecu is running in limp mode. make shure you dont have a c.e.l.