Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By eusdmg
#112316 hey guys, new to the site, and the honda world in general. I just picked up a white eg sedan, just tryin to fix some things on it. whoever had it before me used self tappers to put some rear speakers in it, they dont work and i have some to put in but not sure how they fit in, is there supposed to be a basket like in the front doors? also what size, 6.5 right?
thanks for any help.
By Mr. Pink
#112320 6.5's are correct. no need for a basket like the fronts.
By eusdmg
#112617 do you just have to pull the package shelf and drop them in? they were screwed in from the trunk when i got it :thumbdown:
By dawg316
#112620 working on a civic 4 door today at school with the same problem the previous owner used self tapping screws. go buy some 6.5" speakers front and backs. from what i rember there should be 3 original mounting hole in where you screw your bolt into. typicaly new speakers ( like the alpine-s we used) were 4 screw speakers but they came with a adapter backing ring. so we mounted the ring to the existing 3 screw mount in the door and atached the speaker to the ring.

for the rears. make shure you remove the stock grill. 3-10mm bolts in the trunk that hold the grill on. then there should be 3 screws that hole the speaker in. simple stuff take out mount and re-install.
By eusdmg
#112623 see, this is the part that has me confused, there are no grills, its just like a piece of board with fabric, it looks stock not like someone fabbed it up, i guess im gonna have to take it completely off, im gonna look at it some tomarrow, to late now, maybe take some pics to show what im talking about. thanks for the help.
By Mr. Pink
#112628 mine looks exactly the same but i dont have any speakers back there and i am wondering if i even have the wiring for them. :?
By asianrob
#112630 all models are wired for speakers. even the cx was wired up for the speakers.
as for why it isnt there i am not sure but they all (Sedans) had rear speakers.
By dawg316
see, this is the part that has me confused, there are no grills, its just like a piece of board with fabric, it looks stock not like someone fabbed it up, i guess im gonna have to take it completely off, im gonna look at it some tomarrow, to late now, maybe take some pics to show what im talking about. thanks for the help.

pics would help. also check and see if there is wires in the trunk that are from the speakers. if there isnt pop off the headunit and see if the wiring for the rear speakers are in the harness.

wire colour to look for Blue/Yellow,Gray/White, Red/Yellow, Brown/white
By eusdmg
#112642 there is wiring back there and it works, i bought new speakers for front and rear, fronts went in fine but rear kinda threw me off, thought there might be baskets for them that were missing, due to use of self tappers. im gonna take pictures tomarow when i get off work.
By Mr. Pink
DC4rob wrote:all models are wired for speakers. even the cx was wired up for the speakers.
as for why it isnt there i am not sure but they all (Sedans) had rear speakers.

hmm i will have to look into it furthur,i just quickly glanced and saw no speakers back there and no wiring, so hmm could the wiring possibly have been put under the rear shelf/deck?
By dawg316
#113169 so were the pics at ?
By eusdmg
#113333 sorry been busy with work and what not, finally got it figured out. had to pull the package shelf off, no speaker covers

i had to kind of rig it, none of the holes lined up so i drilled some, unfortunate, and picked up some nuts/bolts/washers from ace.

all back together.

also got my new pioneer deck in, new front speakers, wired in a buzzer for my headlights, and snagged some integra seats from work. :D

By eusdmg
#113334 thanks for your help guys.
By Mr. Pink
#113354 looking good man, i need to do this shit to my car.
By eusdmg
#113358 thanks man, its coming together, just need to get some wheels and this motor swap under way.