Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By jstarone
#108218 Hey guys, I need a quick favor. Can someone with a 92 eg sedan check the measurement for the trans bracket on the side of the car that the mount bolts into. The problem being is that the mount was welded in the wrong spot and needs to be re welded. So I want to get the right measurement (im also going to mock it up but I figured this would at least help me get it ballpark so I know if im close or not.

So im looking for the measurement from the indent in the firewall under the battery, to the inside of the back hole of the bracket.

Pic for example http://www.d-series.org/forums/1001930-post10.html
By jstarone
#109706 Anyone??? Its going in tonight/tomorrow morning....
By jstarone
#109800 cool... Ive lost all faith in this forum...
By chrono404
#109834 i have 93 Sedan, I would take measurements however don't know what you want measurements from and to. you where not very specific.
By jstarone
chrono404 wrote:i have 93 Sedan, I would take measurements however don't know what you want measurements from and to. you where not very specific.

Hmm.. Not really sure how i wasn't specific in that... I made sure i posted a picture... and i clarified at the end of the post by putting

So im looking for the measurement from the indent in the firewall under the battery, to the inside of the back hole of the bracket.

Anyway whatever, I just used the tranny stand under the hoist and mocked it up before I migged the bracket in. For future reference its *exactly* 17 1/4" from the indentation under the battery on the firewall. If you look under the battery you will know what i mean, its the deepest indent.