Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By SRASC
#105095 There is this problem that developed recently where whenever I apply brakes and/or accelerate from braking that I would hear this knocking noise. Also occurs while I back away from my driveway as well as when I make a sharp corner at little to no speed.

Any suggestions as to what is the cause & any solutions?

Thanks.
By VegasCivic
#105096 Check your entire suspension for loose bolts.
Check your motor mounts too.

my .2
By ej2rey
#105116 Check your suspention bushings. Front lower, upper contol arm bushings. Strust bushings ect.

I had that happen to me a while back on my old coupe. It used to knock everytime I accelerated and steped on the brake. It ended up being my lower contol arm bushing. It was desintagrated.
I ended up buying red energy hyperflex lca bushings.
Problem solved.
By Dippin_EG
#105141 also sounds like it might be the inner tie rod end.
By Dippin_EG
blockustomz wrote:sounds like a cv axel to me..

^ this too.
By ej2rey
#105241 Axle noise is more like a clacking sounds then a knocking. I don't think it will be the axle...well, maybe.

If its just one single knock when stepping on the brake, when accelerating then or turning I doubt it will be the axle.
But if its a constant clacking or knocking sound like more than once while you're doing any of these things then yes there's a chance it will be the axle.
By SRASC
ej2rey wrote:Axle noise is more like a clacking sounds then a knocking. I don't think it will be the axle...well, maybe.

If its just one single knock when stepping on the brake, when accelerating then or turning I doubt it will be the axle.
But if its a constant clacking or knocking sound like more than once while you're doing any of these things then yes there's a chance it will be the axle.

Yea, its only once in each scenario (braking, acceleration, turning (though not every single turn))
By ej2rey
SRASC wrote:
ej2rey wrote:Axle noise is more like a clacking sounds then a knocking. I don't think it will be the axle...well, maybe.

Yea, its only once in each scenario (braking, acceleration, turning (though not every single turn))

Then yeah its gonna be your bushings.
Best thing you can do is buy the kit from energy suspention. Brings all the bushings you need.

EDIT: it wouldn't be a bad idea either to check your axles while you're checking all that out. Might aswell. You going to be down there anyway.
By sheldon911
SRASC wrote:

So if you dont know alot about car's yet or you dont have the tools to check all of your mounts bushing's ect. Id recomend taking it to a leshwab i did that afew weeks ago they will diagnose the problem for free print out the part numbers eand everything . Then you can go buy the parts and fix it yourself .