Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Josiah
#94193 ive looked long and hard and cannot find anyone that makes 4dr eg roll anything. a guy i talked to from a big shop says the 2dr ones fit but the back pasngrs have to sqeeze in. has anyone ever seen a 4dr specific made cage or bars? worse case senario i weld my own and look like dukey or send it to a stock car shop and pay $2000
By i8umup
#94248 dude in my opinion keep in mind that this is just an opinion if ur in a 4 dr like me and ur lookin at getting a roll cage roll bars what ever then u must in your mind be looking to lay down the law so why would u even want pasengers in the rear of the car all u need is u drivin and mabe a
co-pilot. i just installed a roll cage in my 4dr and i gutted it there is no more back seat as i said its just me and 1 other if i choose to invite somebody on my excursion.all in all i like it ill dig up the picks they are crappy i took them on my black berry but they will still give u some what of an idea as to what a weld in would look like... ohhh and i spent way less than 2 g's
By VegasCivic
#94267 $2000? uhhhhh rip off!
By CivicTypeR
VegasCivic wrote:$2000? uhhhhh rip off!

If it's FIA approved that's damn cheap.

Or don't you have that shit in the US of A?
By Josiah
#94308 it was some shop that makes 9 sec hatch mustang stuff....lame
i thought that was a bit much too. im really considering gutting the car. it sounds easy and fun. but just in case if had 2 pasngrs know what i mean. theres always some1 saying "dang...take me for a ride" wen you gutted the interior was it alot louder when you drove around? can yo uplease send me those pics. did you weld that cage yourself. how did you bend the pipes?
By i8umup
#94323 heres one of the half arsed good pics and no i did not bend the pipe i used a cheap old ebay kit but its realy accualy decient tubeing it is thick walled and welded in with no problems had to cut the supports to fit but the main loop was shaped correct.for what i paid and what it looks like in the car i think i made out good well real good
By Josiah
#94484 was it loud driving around without carpet n back seats?cuz my car will be dailydriver but and daily driver car that makes people go "huh?"
By i8umup
#94518 i can not answer the loudness part yet for i am in the middle of a h22 swap so as soon as shes in ill let u know how the road noise is :thumb:
By Josiah
#94519 ok. ill wait on it then. good luck to you. dont forget to check for any shop towels in your intake when you try to start it.