Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By EG9-ish
#83648 I will be writing a how to when the process really begins

BUT FIRST

i have now

1 coupe bumper
1 passenger fender ( still searching for driver side )
corners

i still need the other fender, and the hood. after that, its good to go

I know, i need to cut and weld the fenders. As that is the route i'm going with on this, who here, on the forums, has done this step, and where did you cut the fenders to do this correctly? This is my last question, before i start the process and get the ball rolling!
Last edited by EG9-ish on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By dawg316
#83933 isnt the bumper just a straight ahead swap? i thought the coupe bumper mounts right in place. didnt know you had to swap fenders and hood ?
By BAXTER_EJ1
#83944 Coupe and Sedan fronts are NOT interchangeable, so yes, he has to swap everything.
By EG9-ish
#84123 I've been researching this bitch like crazy

If you put the coupe bumper on without fender changing it'll line up...somewhat.

What i have come to notice. The sidewall on the Coupe bumper is actually thinner than the four door sidewall.

Because the coupe corners are also smaller, if you do not replace them, you have to basically force the bumper behind the corners, but doing so, flexes the bumper, creating a gap underneith the corner light.

If you do replace the corner lights, you now create a gap behind the corner light to the four door fender.

So if you skimp out on one part, you deal with it somewhere else. I still see no proof why i need a coupe hood, but i am looking, just in case.
By EG9-ish
#84224 Image
By QBANBOY407
#87778 yoe need to swap corner lights, fenders, bumper, and i think hood!
By EG9-ish
QBANBOY407 wrote:yoe need to swap corner lights, fenders, bumper, and i think hood!

I know this.
By marquisdee1018
#88109 From what I have been told, the 4dr and 2/3 do not share the same hood. One is a little shorter than the other. I'll see if I can verify this info for you.
By ohDirka
marquisdee1018 wrote:From what I have been told, the 4dr and 2/3 do not share the same hood. One is a little shorter than the other. I'll see if I can verify this info for you.

The sedan is shorter
By chrono404
#88187 Any updates on this? I wanna do this to My Sedan as well. I though about just putting the bumper on and bondo over the gap. Worked for Dogfight, and his Sedan is PIMP
By jdmjaromer
#88465 the hood should be ok but the fenders have to be changed. if you dont u will have a gap between the corner lights and fenders. orr if you wanna be ghetto what you can do is keep the 4dr corners and cut out a small part of the bumper so they can fit
By jdmjaromer
#88467 i didnt change the fenders and this is what happend to me. when im not so lazy i will fix everything up lol

By marquisdee1018
jdmjaromer wrote:i didnt change the fenders and this is what happend to me. when im not so lazy i will fix everything up lol

What hood did you use?
By jdmjaromer
#90138 i used the hatchback hood
By marquisdee1018
#90154 Ok, I thought so. I have a buddy and he tried to keep the sedan hood and there's a big gap where the bumper and hood meet.