Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By EG9-ish
#77589 I am planning on doing the 92-95 front end coupe on my four door

now i know i need the bumper, hood, corner lights, and fenders

but here is my question

i hear the bumper and hood and corners are just find to bolt up and go. the problem i hear is the fenders are actually shorter, and when they bolt up, they leave a gap between the fender and door. Is this true? If so, i have heard you are suppose to weld part of the old four door fender to the front part of the coupe fender

Is this true? i'd like to hope not, but please set the story straight. Appreciate the help guys!! :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#77590 There are a few of our members that have done this. I hope they will chime in and help you out. I know this has been covered many times, you might want to search and see if you can find out.
By EG9-ish
Greasedmonkey wrote:There are a few of our members that have done this. I hope they will chime in and help you out. I know this has been covered many times, you might want to search and see if you can find out.

I'm on it. Lets see what i can dig up!
By EG9-ish
teal_dx wrote:if someone ever made a step by step how-to on this, they would be a hero :hehe:

to be honest, thats what im trying to figure out, does it really need a step by step if it doesn't require much more than pull old panels off and bolt down new ones
By GoRide
#77603 do u already have all the parts u need to do the swap?.... if so y not take 1 fender off and try the coupe on to see if it lines up and stuff....
By EG9-ish
GoRide wrote:do u already have all the parts u need to do the swap?.... if so y not take 1 fender off and try the coupe on to see if it lines up and stuff....

I have yet to start collecting the parts i need besides the bumper. i haven't gone further into the conversion because of this piece of info i have ran into

i have looked around online, and have not found anything to back up my statement. at least on a legitimate site
By Blk95coupe
#77608 And no your not going to steal my coupe parts :lol:
By GoRide
#77618 i was wondering is it possable to just change the bummper? would it still give u the coupe look? i dont know to much about sedans ahahahaha
By teal_dx
GoRide wrote:i was wondering is it possable to just change the bummper? would it still give u the coupe look? i dont know to much about sedans ahahahaha

I think that's what dogfight did. Even though it isn't a 100% perfect fit, it can still look good if you get everything spaced right. His car speaks for itself :thumb:

There's another member on here who did it that way too...
By Blk95coupe
#77638 Dogfights looks really clean and lines up pretty sweet so maybe just maybe it fits :?
By EG9-ish
#77680 We'll have to find out. i'm picking up the coupe bumper on tuesday
By EG9-ish
#77689 Image

this a buddy of mine's old four door. he's sold it now but he only did the bumper ( he didn't do the corners, i will though ) but if the corners were the coupe corners, i'm sure it of looked good

but it wouldnt it leave a little gap from the corner to the fender?
By jmsplitfyre
teal_dx wrote:if someone ever made a step by step how-to on this, they would be a hero :hehe:

But no one ever did.. :(
By EG9-ish
jmsplitfyre wrote:

But no one ever did.. :(

Well when i pick up the bumper. i'll make a step by step if it does line up correctly :)