Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By VTi Turbo
#58201 Guy's, im not too sure but i have heard you can get a 4 wheel drive civic sedan/vti. Is this true? If yes, where the hell from, here in the UK i havent seen any. Or where can you get the 4 wheel drive system from, i have a 4 door saloon civic vti which i have turob'd, looking to put a 4 wheel drive system onto it, HELP ME GUY's. :roll:
By CivicTypeR
#58207 I've never heard of this :? but if you could, would be awsome for drift :thumb:

EK 4 wheel drive :lol:...

By asianrob
#58297 1992-95 have RTSI (real time Sports) and RTX
By asianrob
#58298 http://youtube.com/watch?v=nKWTjad4qEE
By asianrob
#63526 yea there is

you'd probably need

the tunnel from the 4WD CRV

wagovan or crv or custom drive shaft

wagovan or crv rear diff

custom mounts to mount the rear diff

custom gas tank

4WD trans ( CRV = 5 speed 4WD for B series hydro)

some other things
By chrono404
#63539 I was thinking of doing a 4WD Mod to my Civic. I did a bunch of Research into and decided it was to much hassle.

It would be best to buy a Whole 4WD Wagovan and use it for parts.

You will need its Rear Trailing arms, Rear Brakes(Drums), Rear Diff, Drive Lines, Gas Tank, and Transmission. If you open the Tranny you can put in EX/Si Gears into that Case so you have a Close Geared 4WD Tranny. The Transmission will bolt up to any '88+ D-Series Engine.

The CRV Rear Diff wont work with the WagoVan 4WD Tranny. they go at different Speeds. Somewhere on Hondaswap.com someone put Wagovan Drive train into a CRX or Hatch(dont remember), He took tons of pics on his progress, I briefly looked but couldn't find that thread agian. You could use that as a Basis and put it into your Sedan. You will have alot of Fabrication Work ahead of you. I have access to a full metal shop, Most people dont. Keep that in mind before you start taking stuff apart. This wont be a weekend project.
By asianrob
chrono404 wrote:I was thinking of doing a 4WD Mod to my Civic. I did a bunch of Research into and decided it was to much hassle.

It would be best to buy a Whole 4WD Wagovan and use it for parts.

You will need its Rear Trailing arms, Rear Brakes(Drums), Rear Diff, Drive Lines, Gas Tank, and Transmission. If you open the Tranny you can put in EX/Si Gears into that Case so you have a Close Geared 4WD Tranny. The Transmission will bolt up to any '88+ D-Series Engine.

The CRV Rear Diff wont work with the WagoVan 4WD Tranny. they go at different Speeds. Somewhere on Hondaswap.com someone put Wagovan Drive train into a CRX or Hatch(dont remember), He took tons of pics on his progress, I briefly looked but couldn't find that thread agian. You could use that as a Basis and put it into your Sedan. You will have alot of Fabrication Work ahead of you. I have access to a full metal shop, Most people dont. Keep that in mind before you start taking stuff apart. This wont be a weekend project.

the only thing is that the wagovan trans is cable not Hydro so thats a little more work.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qxtf3_IHTfs
By Ecc0
#64080 I've been thinking of doing a RWD civic coupe over the last few week but was told the only way to do it would be use the f20 engine from a S2000 now I see this looks like a cheap way of doing it I'm very tempted.

Think I might have to start shopping for a doner car, can I just double check which one would be best to buy and we are talking about putting the tranny from a 4WD CRV or Wagovan onto a B16 engine right?
By Ecc0
95projektvic wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS6jQjEpxu4

LOL yeah I had a look on You Tube and found this one tis well funny.

Once I sort some cash I'll be starting on planning on turning this from a wish to a reality. :thumb: