Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By -EG8-
#54723 Well Id just like to introduce myself, My name Is Charles, I am a do it my self'er

I have always loved 4 door 5th gens since my good friend Draper wheeler bought one,
This is his old eg8

To make a long story short, He got into an accident with it and put it in the ditch, and screwed the FMIC, So after a new bumper and some flat black spray bombs she was back on the road, until 2 days later it threw a rod on cylinder 2 and 4,, He had bought another d15 for 20 dollars, which had perfect compression, but a bad headgasket, so we replaced the headgasket, and away we went, The car ran like a top,.. Until Draper set his eye on a 91 skyline GTR.. Which He eventually bought..Then the civic went up for sale, He only wanted 1000 for it, rims and all ,, brand new centerforce clutch and struts, I only had 600 at the time, but he didnt want to wait for me to get the money, So the car was sold to a douche bag, who parted it out, and junked the car, So for some strange reason, luck came my way, and A buddy of mine, Offered to trade me his 92 sedan for my 93 integra parts car, which I took for a trade, this is where it all started...
My plan----
Satin black paint
Lowered 3 inches, on coilovers
B20b swap
Ferio rear brake light,
Ferio arm rest
Pink Drag DR 16s
Amber corners,
2/1'4 catback exhaust
Coupe front end swap---Scrapped. to damn hard
Rear disk brake swap

--What has been done so far-
Quarters welded in
Failed Drain rail shaving,, which is gone now, dumb ass decision on my part-
Need rocker work.
2 brand new Oem Fenders

Heres how she started

RECENT PICS,,, Its finally been half decent weather,, lots of sanding done,, threw flat black paint on it to see if all my body work was solid and had no ripples, turned out good, didnt prime one spot, and the black soaked into the fill, gota re prime the 1 spot,

Soon about to build an inclosure so I can actually do some work.

Sorry for the pics, It was rainy. and I wanted something to show progress, My friend has all the pictures of us cutting out the old quarters and welding new ones in, soon will be coming.

I absolutely would love suggestions tips tricks whatever you got, and critisism too, I need to know what the hell Im doing,,, I think this is turning out pretty wicked for a some back yard work?

Anyways, Comments are appreciated
Last edited by -EG8- on Sun May 18, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JDM FERIO MAN
#54727 nice nice nice I like it yo :jawdrop:
By CivicTypeR
#54735 When I was looking at the first pics, I thought it couldn't be done, I really thought your body was too far gone.

Then when I looked at the transformation pictures... wow :shock:

That's a well done body refurb!

Welcome to the site.
By -EG8-
#54736 Thanks man I really had my doubts about it when I first got the thing, There is still alot of fabricating left to do, I have to do some rocker work,

If its nice this weekend, I should have the car pretty well rust free with all new metal in, the weather here has been really shitty, I live in Nova scotia Canada, on the east coast, the winters are long, and the amount of salt on the roads is unfit, its all gone now, salt and all, but I was amazed. like totally blown out of the water, when I put the car on the lift, It does not have one single hole in the floor? like how does that even work.? hah

anyways Suggestions are appreciated
By Gorveatt
#54741 Sweet, Glad to have another maritimer, i worked with Draper when i lived in Fredricton. his car was pretty badass.
By -EG8-
#54749 Hey, You must have worked with the guy draper bought that civic from, He bought it from a guy who lives in fredricton, who now drives an s2000 I think?
By Gorveatt
-EG8- wrote:Hey, You must have worked with the guy draper bought that civic from, He bought it from a guy who lives in fredricton, who now drives an s2000 I think?

Oh maybe i know he joined this forum at one point, and he drove an S2000 so must have been him lol. it was near 3 years ago, and i only worked with him for a short time
By Pinguim
#54805 Nice refurb man! Is it going to be Flat Black? Put some Bronze Advans and go for the Skunk2 theme! LOL

Be sure to keep us updated with your work in progress!! :thumb:
By -EG8-
#54806 Yeah, Its going to be flat black, Should be a ton of picture updates this week, when It gets nice enough to do more work.
By -EG8-
#54926 Update, nice day, so before I washed her down, I thought id have some fun with crayola window markers, :P haha

haha and after a spray, it comes off like nothing, so If you want some laughs, there great fun!
By Heeta
#54950 Looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

window color :thumb:
By CivicTypeR
#55006 Wow, I want your JDM HID's :lol:
By -EG8-
#55680 Today I went out and purchased all brand new brakes all around
Drums,
Rotors,
Pads,
Shoes,
Spring kit,
-------
Im soon purchasing all braided steel brake lines,

heres some pics of the goodies!

Shes coming along pretty good,!
By york62
#55696 looking good man!! You have done alot of work on her, i dont know how you can work outside... i would go nutty with out a concert floor! :thumb:

Keep up the good work and keep us updated.
By -EG8-
#55700 Haha yeah, working outside, ill never do it again :P anyways Im thinking I might replace all the brake lines, they kind of need to be, but they will last a while longer, If I do, im going to do all braided steel flexible line.

anyways, its supposed to rain all weekend, wont see much progress till the end of the weekend, If I do end up doing anything, ill post lots of pictures!