Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Mauricio
#49123 I just got a b16 with a ls transmission is this a good combo
By chrono404
#49127 Maybe if you throw turbo on it. If you want good fuel mileage(you wouldn't be doing this swap) It will be good.

The Ls Transmission is the longest geared(slow acceleration) out of all B-Block Trannys. However it will have the Highest top speed.
The GSR tranny has shorter gears, followed by the B16 tranny with the shortest(quickest acceleration).

I think if you install the engine and tranny, you will be disapointed on your test drive. Unless you want to boost your engine. I would recommend ditching the transmission for a GSR or B16 Transmission.
By scbmx87
chrono404 wrote:Maybe if you throw turbo on it. If you want good fuel mileage(you wouldn't be doing this swap) It will be good.

The Ls Transmission is the longest geared(slow acceleration) out of all B-Block Trannys. However it will have the Highest top speed.
The GSR tranny has shorter gears, followed by the B16 tranny with the shortest(quickest acceleration).

I think if you install the engine and tranny, you will be disapointed on your test drive. Unless you want to boost your engine. I would recommend ditching the transmission for a GSR or B16 Transmission.

That pretty much sums it up...

I have an LS motor/tranny in my car, the only reason i'm keeping the LS tranny is for boost. Outside of a boosted application, they're not good for much of anything except decent fuel mileage...