Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By silverEG8
#356430 Hi civic-eg,

My sedan makes this loud squeaking sound whenever I turn the steering wheel. At times, it squeaks even, at a slight road bump. I had this assumption that maybe the tie-rod is causing all the squeaks. I tried to grease-up both tie-rods, at first, the squeaks disappeared, but after a while, it came back.

I know the tie-rod has something to do with the squeaks, does it need more lubrication, or do I need to replace it.

Thanks.
By Driv-it-hard
#356440 Silver,
Question, do you have a sway bar on the front ? If so, you might have the bushings going bad. You might have also the LCA bushings going bad as well. The easiest way to check ,
Have some one push the car up and down from the fender and using a spray bottle with ONLY water, spray the bushings and if the noise goes away. You have found the problem.
Do not spray WD-40 on any rubber or polly parts as the the WD will dry the rubber and also dry the Polly parts.
By silverEG8
#356569 Ooops, actually the first remedy i did was spraying WD-40 (after that, the sound grew even louder. haha)... then second remedy was putting grease (that reduced the sound a bit).

I haven't put any after market installations on my front suspension.

Thanks, I'll do that. Do I need to replace the tie-rods?

Thanks Driv.
By silverEG8
#357431 Hi guys,

I have an update. I have recently ask my mechanic about this, and it seems the the manual rack and pinion it causing the squeaks. After swimming a couple of floods, maybe the grease has washed off, and probably replacing the bearings too.