Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95LX_just_in
#353923 even after replacing control arm bushings, tie rods and new rotors/pads my front end is still sloppy and making noise. left wheel makes a huge pop noise sometimes, usually after or coming into curve. everything was tighty when I looked tho. just wondering what else I need to throw on it? wheel bearings? I would like to get a new power steering rack also since my ps leaks. any info or past exp. will be a great help thx
By Driv-it-hard
#353925 Have you checked the shocks on the front end. They may be shot and the car bottoms out when going up into a drive way or large pot holes.

Also, have you check the CV axle nut , making sure it is torque and the has the lock on.
By iLLson
#353926 i have replaced the left side suspension before on my 95 civic. (due to accident). new tie rods, lca, uca, shock, axle.

i also hear a knock/pop noise sometimes when i accelerate hard from a dead stop and sometimes during a turn

i have no idea what it is and it is really bothering me.

everything was tripple checked and i even thought i had a defective axle so i changed it 2 times.

everything is torqued down and the alignment shows that everything is in spec.
By Driv-it-hard
iLLson wrote:i have replaced the left side suspension before on my 95 civic. (due to accident). new tie rods, lca, uca, shock, axle.

i also hear a knock/pop noise sometimes when i accelerate hard from a dead stop and sometimes during a turn

everything was tripple checked and i even thought i had a defective axle so i changed it 2 times.

On your case, Check the subframe. Most accidents cause the bolt holes to enlarge in the direction of the impact of the crash. Even tho bolts are torqued to spec, doesn't mean the entire subframe wont shift under body roll and also hard braking.

Example,

Ever noticed the car stopped next to you at a light and when the light turns green to go, the front wheel for the car shift forward. That is good way to determine some thing loose on that car or damage on the front end . Hope this helps.
By TrailerTrash
#353934 could be ball joints or a sloppy steering rack.
By 95LX_just_in
iLLson wrote:i have replaced the left side suspension before on my 95 civic. (due to accident). new tie rods, lca, uca, shock, axle.

i know the feeling. wish i knew what it was i like driving around like that esp. if other ppl are in the car i wanna give eg's a good name