Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95LX_just_in
#353689 i got some new drilled/slotted rotors and some ceramic brake pads and it still makes squeeking/friction noises like the old assem. ive had them on for a couple weeks and thought they mighta jus needed breaking in but still doing it. will spraying the brakes with high press. water get out any grit or whatever makes the noise? anything helps thanks. :P
By EconoBox
#353691 Did you put any kind of lubricant on the back of the brake pads and where they sit in the hardware? Also you have to clean and lube the sliders as well.

I highly recommend using Honda Moly 60 lube for the pads and NAPA SilGlide on the slide pins.
By HeikDiesel
#353694 Did you clean the cosmoline off the new rotors? Did you orient them properly? Is your rotor hitting the dust shield?
By 95LX_just_in
EconoBox wrote:Did you put any kind of lubricant on the back of the brake pads and where they sit in the hardware? Also you have to clean and lube the sliders as well.

I highly recommend using Honda Moly 60 lube for the pads and NAPA SilGlide on the slide pins.

no lube used in the process
By EconoBox
#353707 Here is the page from Honda on applying the lube to the pads. They no longer have the Molykote M77 grease but if you go to your local dealer they will have exactly what grease you need (The new kind of moly paste from Honda).