Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95LX_just_in
#353543 I have been using 10w 30 in my manual tranny bc my local auto parts store doesn't have manual tranny fluid and said you can run the motor oil in the tranny so I have been but I'm about to drain it and put some new in but don't really want to use the same and try something diff and see how it goes. Can I run synthetic 10w30 or auto tranny fluid? What's best? Thanks
By HeikDiesel
#353546 no no no ATF in a manual trans. FSM recommends 10-30 engine oil or Honda MTF
By HeikDiesel
egsedanguy wrote:Just go get some Honda fluid from the dealer. trust us when we say the Honda trans fluid is the best option for our cars.

Eh I don't know if I'd go that far. Torco MTF/RTF and some of the Amsoil products smash Honda MTF but they are also much much more expensive and overkill for 95% of the people on this site
By iLLson
#353560 I have been using honda MTF since i get them at cost and it is approx the same cost as engine oil

but i did use 10w30 before.
service manual says to use 10w30

nothing wrong with engine oil in a manual trans.

i
By egsedanguy
#353561 I paid under 30$ for all Honda mtf. I know there is better oils out there, but if you cant even put oem stuff in and have to use motor oil, I highly doubt they will purchase a high end fluid. If your going to drain it and put fresh fluid in, do it right. Using motor oil should only be a temporary solution. If Honda wanted it to use motor oil they would have.
By TrailerTrash
egsedanguy wrote: If Honda wanted it to use motor oil they would have.

I am pretty sure they did before they started making Honda brand MTF.
By 95LX_just_in
#353587 Honda mtf once I have the $ . I have a Honda dealer in town ill be going to. and I want to show yall my car but I don't have a photo app thing I heard you had to have to upload pics.
By 95LX_just_in
95LX_just_in wrote:I have been using 10w 30 in my manual tranny bc my local auto parts store doesn't have manual tranny fluid and said you can run the motor oil in the tranny so I have been but I'm about to drain it and put some new in but don't really want to use the same and try something diff and see how it goes. Can I run synthetic 10w30 or auto tranny fluid? What's best? Thanks

thank yall for the info !