Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By tobrokeforbags
#353412 Okkkk, i recently bought a 92 eg sedan with almost new tan insides and like new paint, was born as a auto tranny but has a 5 speed with a z6 swap, was told its mounted to a y8 tranny but i think its the r20 z6 tranny.

The shifter moves all around wont go into certen gears and despite the fact it says its in neutral its actually in 3-4th gear, i have a clutch still but it doesn't allow the fork to go into certen gears.
I was told my pressure plate collapsed, my fly wheel is shot and my fork is bent.
It randomly did this, a 5th gear pop out once and a few struggling tugs to get it into gear.

Im hoping im only looking at bad bushing or bushings that have fallen out..
By egsedanguy
#353414 I would start by looking to see if they installed the shifter bushing under the car, below the shifter. Chances are ther is no bushing and its free floating.

Also does the motor sit slightly slanted/crooked? cause there is a transmission mount that is required when the auto to stick conversion is done. That will cause poor shifting.

this is from experience with my friends car. he has these same problems and once they got fixed everything cleared up!