Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95LX_just_in
#353199 well my car has given me problems before about this speed/rmp needles would flutter then drop to 0 and gauge lights would dim and eventually come to a stop and i found out it was my alternator positive. got it hooked back up and worked fine. but Just a few minutes ago i was just driving and came to a stop sign and started coming back up in second and the car completely just dies all lights die everything just just off completely. checked my battery cables they were connected alternator positive was connected tried to jump it off and nothing no lights no crank nothing. please please help me . ill be on here all day so i will see ur comments instantly thankyou..
By EconoBox
#353200 Power comes from your battery, so start there and work your way through the power and grounding system.

1- check the fuses first, this takes a minute or two at most (Look at the big box fuses under the hood)
If this fuse is blown find the cause before replacing it something had to short out to blow those high amp fuses.

2- If the fuses are good get your battery down to an auto parts store and have it tested (If it fails replace it)

3- If the battery tests good start at the terminals and work your way back making sure everything checks out for continuity with a voltmeter is the best way.
By 95LX_just_in
EconoBox wrote:Power comes from your battery, so start there and work your way through the power and grounding system.

1- check the fuses first, this takes a minute or two at most (Look at the big box fuses under the hood)
If this fuse is blown find the cause before replacing it something had to short out to blow those high amp fuses.

2- If the fuses are good get your battery down to an auto parts store and have it tested (If it fails replace it)

3- If the battery tests good start at the terminals and work your way back making sure everything checks out for continuity with a voltmeter is the best way.

what fuses do i check in patricular? the black box ones right those dont have a window to see the bridge do they?
By 95LX_just_in
EconoBox wrote:Image

The fuse labeled battery. When you open the lid on that fuse box under the dash the fuse has a clear plastic cover to see in it.

wasnt that :(
By CerealKiller93
#353232 This exact thing happened to me on my 85 BMW shortly after i finished building it. Visually everything was hooked up. What it ended up being was my main power wire had gotten disconnected from the connector i used to hook to my battery terminal. I couldn't see the problem because i had heat shrink over the ends and it hid the problem. I only noticed it when i touched the wire and noticed how limp it was. Check all of your connections for a similar problem. If everything has died it is most definitely a break in your wiring somewhere. Check your fuses under the hood. check the main power wires inside the fusebox by your battery. It is probably something very simple to fix, its just finding the break that can be tough. Best of Luck!
By CerealKiller93
95LX_just_in wrote:what fuses do i check in patricular? the black box ones right those dont have a window to see the bridge do they?

you are describing relays... not fuses. A relay is an electronic switch.
By 95LX_just_in
CerealKiller93 wrote:This exact thing happened to me on my 85 BMW shortly after i finished building it. Visually everything was hooked up. What it ended up being was my main power wire had gotten disconnected from the connector i used to hook to my battery terminal. I couldn't see the problem because i had heat shrink over the ends and it hid the problem. I only noticed it when i touched the wire and noticed how limp it was. Check all of your connections for a similar problem. If everything has died it is most definitely a break in your wiring somewhere. Check your fuses under the hood. check the main power wires inside the fusebox by your battery. It is probably something very simple to fix, its just finding the break that can be tough. Best of Luck!

We both had the same problem! except mine was electrical tape :roll: