Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By dRaiL
#352618 Having a little problem here need some help so I recently picked up a 94 lx and having the strangest things happen to me since I got the car I'm needing some help to put me in the right direction so he we go I got gas last night left the gas station hit the gas and the car bogged down and almost died after doing this a few times or trying to leave the middle of the gas station parking lot it finally died I turned the car back on it made an up and down vac sound then drove fine for a few min the it idled normal and same problem it died in assuming that it's a fuel problem could it be a fuel filter or injectors any input would be great
By dRaiL
#352621 The check engine light did not come on and yea the bulb is functioning properly
By teal_dx
#352628 Well that doesn't make it easy. :(

Try simple maintenance first. You mentioned fuel filter, I'd change that.
Do you have any maintenance records from the previous owner?
By dRaiL
#352631 No previous records I'll start with the fuel filter and post back my results
By egsedanguy
#352632 Sounds to me like you might have a bad cap n rotor. I would start there just to make sure that its not burnt or damaged. Then I would pull the plugs to check them. that's just to get the easy stuff out of the way. I would also check for a vacuum leak. Make sure the air filter is not clogged. Then I would work toward fuel filter, pump or gunked up injectors. Not sure if any of this will fix the problem but I would say 50% of the time its one of these things that cause issues or maybe a few of them.
By dRaiL
#352691 Changed the fuel filter seems to be working fine now cap and rotor are pretty suspect I will be changing it tomorrow and hope that it fixes it for now but I just picked up a cheap donor car so hopefully the new parts I buy can switch over to the other motor