Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95LX_just_in
#352534 at some points my car will sort of bog or have a hiccup when I revv it past 5 or so and im wondering what might be causing it. I know I need valves adjusted and new rings but other than that it runs pretty good. the idle hunts like all the time but will stop after sitting a while and ive cleaned my iacv so I guess ill clean it again unless someone tells me another reason. also can the vtec solenoid be cleaned and made stronger? on my z6 its supposed to engage at 5200 I thought. but I don't feel anything so...
By TrailerTrash
#352543 do you have a CEL?

how did you go about cleaning the IACV?

single cams dont have a "kick" so to speak when VTEC engages. its not going to throw you back in the seat or anything. to be honest i feel nothing whatsoever with my car. and its hard to hear
By MilpitasEH2
#352545 As said by Trailer Thrash, you don't feel the kick of VTEC engaging in SOHC. How do i know? I used to drive a stock SOHC before i made the decision of swapping it for a DOHC. Also, back when i was driving with my SOHC, i would drive my friends DOHC cars and you would really get thrown back by the seat when the VTEC engages in B series and even K series. I have heard that you can feel the VTEC in SOHC with aftermarket parts, but i have honestly never experienced a fixed up SOHC in my life.

As for bogs, from my previous experiences it would be:
1) IACV which you have cleaned out already
2) Air in coolant can cause that so possible bleeding may be needed.
3)Clean the FITV, idk if your engine has it, if you have one. Should be under the throttle body.
3)Replace your IACV with a different one
By teal_dx
#352547 Hunting idle can also be a vacuum leak or even an air pocket in the coolant.
If you want to hear sohc vtec engage, you should use a short ram intake. As mentioned, it's pretty minimal compared to the DOHC's.
By 95LX_just_in
TrailerTrash wrote:do you have a CEL?

how did you go about cleaning the IACV?

single cams dont have a "kick" so to speak when VTEC engages. its not going to throw you back in the seat or anything. to be honest i feel nothing whatsoever with my car. and its hard to hear

what is CEL? and I cleaned it by taking it off and drenching it in carb n choke cleaner best I could. thanks guys ill clean it again or hit the junkyard for another one. as for the fitv, im not which that is.
By TrailerTrash
#352716 Check engine light.

you need to blow it out with an air nozzle after soaking it in carb cleaner

check out this thread
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=14508

and this thread for some more info
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f55/tro ... ms-259965/