Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95LX_just_in
#351286 So my clutch is slipping or something really bad..to take off I push the clutch pedal in and like wiggle it in to third then it will slide into first.. Wont go in otherwise..when I put it in reverse it instantly starts grinding like hell and it burns oil like hell so I just need a new motor and tranny. How much does a d-series replacement cost? And do I need another ecu if I'm going from a non VTEC d16z6 to a VTEC z6.. Or maybe y8 which is better? Thanks
By TrailerTrash
#351288 there is no non-VTEC D16Z6.

youll have to shop around for a drop in replacement drivetrain. there is no set price.

check on Craigslist in all the local cities and as far as you are willing to travel
By 95LX_just_in
TrailerTrash wrote:there is no non-VTEC D16Z6.

youll have to shop around for a drop in replacement drivetrain. there is no set price.

check on Craigslist in all the local cities and as far as you are willing to travel

I have a non VTEC z6 out of a Del sol? It's stamped on there. D16z6. But thanks
By TrailerTrash
#351290 what makes you say its non vtec?

lets see a pic
By HeikDiesel
#351315 Probably because the valve cover doesn't have v-tec stamped into it but I bet the solenoid is there clear as day.
By teal_dx
Probably because the valve cover doesn't have v-tec stamped into it but I bet the solenoid is there clear as day.

Probably that :thumb:

Or he got a d16z6 that someone actually swapped a non vtec head onto, which would suck.
By TrailerTrash
teal_dx wrote:
Probably because the valve cover doesn't have v-tec stamped into it but I bet the solenoid is there clear as day.

Probably that :thumb:

Or he got a d16z6 that someone actually swapped a non vtec head onto, which would suck.

that could be.

thats almost as bad as these "mini me" civics i see on craigslist from time to time... like an EF hatchback with a dual point injection with a VTEC head on some old b8 block or some shit. thats "a legit jdm minime build"