Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Colo55u5
#350761 I've been a member for a while, but had to put my build on hold due to the birth of my third... But now I'm back to try to get my questions answered... I got a auto 94 LX with a b7, looking for my best option on a swap, but keep in mind, I'm staying auto... I know it's a slush box, but I prefer it on my dd... I'm up for all ideas that include a auto trans... Thanks for reading...

Ohh, and as for performance, Im wanting around 150ish hp... With a light mods...

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated... :D
By TrailerTrash
#350766 your best best would be a Z6 swap :thumb:
By teal_dx
#350786 Even a mini-me with bolt-ons will get you close to 140 if you use the y8 head with higher compression. :thumb: How's your D15b7 running? The mini-me is perfect to do at the same time as timing belt/water pump, if you're due for those anytime soon.

A z6 swap is also a good route, especially if you think you'll ever want a little more power down the road and want to throw a little turbo on it. Not sure how your auto tranny will like that though. Building an auto tranny to handle alot of power gets very pricey.

An B18b1 LS motor will get you 140 HP and some decent torque, but you'll also need to get the tranny, axles, mounts, exhaust etc... that could get expensive.
By Colo55u5
#350805 The b7 still runs good, did water pump and timing belt 25k ago... Yeah, did a bit of research on auto rebuilds for power, they do get a bit pricey... Also for the b18, I haven't been able to find any great info on the swap... Read the trans mount doesn't line up well... But think z6 is a good option, Thanks... Think I'll wait till my next major tune up... :)