Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95LX_just_in
#350366 when i revv it up or hit red line it will smoke really bad out the exhaust. wondering what that is i seafoamed it a while back but i think its oil. smoke is pretty well white not much blue but idk. looking for some knowledge :roll:
By brandoff88
#350368 generally speaking high rpm smoking is valve seals starting to fail, but if its white, it could be the seafoam, did you change your oil and plugs after doing the seafoam?
By 95LX_just_in
brandoff88 wrote:generally speaking high rpm smoking is valve seals starting to fail, but if its white, it could be the seafoam, did you change your oil and plugs after doing the seafoam?

no not yet am soon tho just need the money for the ngk plugs&wires and sparkplugs. after i revv it u can smell somethin stinking like burning oil or whatev so
By brandoff88
#350526 whit smoke could also be a failing head gasket as well, im not sure if it would happen in just the upper rpms as I never had one go one me (knock on wood) but id do a compression test after doing an oil change and spark plug change just to be sure
By 95LX_just_in
95LX_just_in wrote:when i revv it up or hit red line it will smoke really bad out the exhaust. wondering what that is i seafoamed it a while back but i think its oil. smoke is pretty well white not much blue but idk. looking for some knowledge :roll:

Well guys i installed some ngk plugs&wires and sparkplugs they were fouled af. it runs much much much better now. after the new thermostat and all this thing feels brand new :hehe:
next i gotta clean the iacv my idle is up n down constantly
By egsedanguy
95LX_just_in wrote:
95LX_just_in wrote:when i revv it up or hit red line it will smoke really bad out the exhaust. wondering what that is i seafoamed it a while back but i think its oil. smoke is pretty well white not much blue but idk. looking for some knowledge :roll:

Well guys i installed some ngk plugs&wires and sparkplugs they were fouled af. it runs much much much better now. after the new thermostat and all this thing feels brand new :hehe:

Also check FIV. Fast Idle Valve under the throttle body. That is more than likely what is causing the pulse in idle. That's what was causing my idle to pulse. Does it only do it at start up?
By 95LX_just_in
egsedanguy wrote:
95LX_just_in wrote:

Also check FIV. Fast Idle Valve under the throttle body. That is more than likely what is causing the pulse in idle. That's what was causing my idle to pulse. Does it only do it at start up?

no pretty well all the time
By egsedanguy
95LX_just_in wrote:
egsedanguy wrote:
95LX_just_in wrote:

no pretty well all the time

Then I would bet you its the FIV under the TB.