Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95LX_just_in
#349999 I'm new to forums and just need some help :?
My 95lx is not liking the cold and starting to give me problems.
It runs cold like constantly unless im sitting still then it'll go up but when I start driving it goes back down and stays down. maybe a few seconds after romping on it constantly itll come up but im pretty sure it goes right back down. I recently flushed the radiator bc previous owner did a damn coolant reservoir delete so I got one from LKQ and got it on so maybe they did that for a reason idk. I just want some insight. Plus on a cold start it idles up and down a few times but stops after a minute. what are some things I needa drop money into? any info will help thankyou. im 16 btw just got the car a month or so ago
By egsedanguy
#350003 the idle can be caused by a few things. IACV, TPS, Air in the system etc. Do you have a thermostat in the car? Sounds to me like its A) Stuck open or B) not there. Its allowing the coolant to run constant threw the system. Also what mixture of coolant/water are you running?
By Schmuck
#350008 My '95 DX sedan is running cold too. It takes about 15-20 minutes of driving to get the needle to move up, and if I put the blower on 3 or 4 the needle comes right back down. I haven't had time to dig into it yet though.
By 95LX_just_in
Schmuck wrote:My '95 DX sedan is running cold too. It takes about 15-20 minutes of driving to get the needle to move up, and if I put the blower on 3 or 4 the needle comes right back down. I haven't had time to dig into it yet though.

--okay let me know if you fix it and how
By 95LX_just_in
egsedanguy wrote:the idle can be caused by a few things. IACV, TPS, Air in the system etc. Do you have a thermostat in the car? Sounds to me like its A) Stuck open or B) not there. Its allowing the coolant to run constant threw the system. Also what mixture of coolant/water are you running?

i really dont know if it does or not where is the iacv? on the shitty 'cold air intake' thats on it nothings connnected to it plus idk the thermostat location. i got 50/50 coolant mixed it stays full since ive filled it up
By 95LX_just_in
teal_dx wrote:My first guess is low coolant, or air pockets in the coolant system because it was not properly bled.

+1 on looking into the thermostat as well.

coolant is and stays full now but how do i get out the pockets? it hasnt dropped anymore so i guess it aint air pockets
By teal_dx
95LX_just_in wrote:
teal_dx wrote:My first guess is low coolant, or air pockets in the coolant system because it was not properly bled.

+1 on looking into the thermostat as well.

coolant is and stays full now but how do i get out the pockets? it hasnt dropped anymore so i guess it aint air pockets

Here's how to bleed the system:http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=36