Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Hoodrat
#348919 I have recently installed some Megan racing springs with tokico struts on the front (waiting on rear) also put tophat extensions. The springs a rated at 450f and 350r so they should be stiff correct? Not for me, this is the bouncy eat ride I've ever experienced. The uca's sometimes tap the shock tower but not often. I can push the front down 3-4 times and it will bouce back up 3-4 times. These are brand new struts and springs can someone please tell me what I did wrong lol
By teal_dx
#348923 How much drop? Tokico hp struts aren't really designed for slammed cars. I know because I blew mine and I'm raising it up some before I put new ones on.
Just double checking, You have the 450's on the front right?
By Hoodrat
#348929 About 25% of the sleeve left to go down from the top of the adjustment perches and yes the website says 450 front
By Hoodrat
#348933 And I did make sure the front went on the front
By juls1488
#348938 if im not mistaken the tokico's are supposed to be like a better than stock replacement for a slightly lowered car, similar to the KYB GR-2.
I dont have any experience with the tokicos, but i used gr2s on my ek hatch with tein s.tech springs. the s.techs were too low for the gr2s to handle and the ride was super bouncy and handled like garbage.
also, i think 450 might be a little high for the tokico hp struts. i know the springs that tokico packages with those struts are only 230f/125r with a 1.5in drop.
dunno if that helps