Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By optimuslc
#342376 Greetings eg gurus. Im planning to install a cold air intake. Question?- would i need a tune after or before installation? The mechanic said that he already tuned it so all he needs to do is install the CAI. would he need to tune it after instalation too? Need experienced advice please. :)
By egsedanguy
optimuslc wrote:Greetings eg gurus. Im planning to install a cold air intake. Question?- would i need a tune after or before installation? The mechanic said that he already tuned it so all he needs to do is install the CAI. would he need to tune it after instalation too? Need experienced advice please. :)

hopefully he aint charging you for a tune. cause from the sounds of it they trying to get you to pay more for just a quick bolt on intake. did you ask him what he "tuned"? or did you just take his word for it? :lol:
By HeikDiesel
#342463 No it is not needed.

Do not take your car to this guy again. Sounds like he wants to milk you for every penny you are worth.

/thread
By egsedanguy
HeikDiesel wrote:No it is not needed.

Do not take your car to this guy again. Sounds like he wants to milk you for every penny you are worth.

/thread

it sounds to me like that also.
By optimuslc
#342746 Same sentiments sir. I wont be going back to that guy. He has good parts tho. :) im enjoying my new CAI now. Seems to have improvments with feul consumption too. :)