Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By silverEG8
#342114 Hey Guys,

I don't know if Civic-EG.com is the right place for this. While driving yesterday, my air-con unit stop working, it was set at level 1. :? But when I switched it to levels 2, 3, & 4, it was working fine.

I'm not familiar with this, could this be just the switch or a bigger problem?
By silverEG8
teal_dx wrote:Do you mean the fan stopped blowing on #1 or the air was no longer cold on #1? Does #1 still work without the AC being on?

Yes, at #1, the fan doesn't come on. The fan only starts to blow with cold air at numbers 2, 3, 4.
By teal_dx
#342131 Sounds like your air condition system is ok. The blower motor not working on #1 is probably because the resistor went bad. It's a cheap and kind of easy fix. To get tot he resistor, you'll have to take the glove box door off and it's right there.

I believe this pic is from a 96-00 civic, but 92-95 should be similar:
By silverEG8
teal_dx wrote:Sounds like your air condition system is ok. The blower motor not working on #1 is probably because the resistor went bad. It's a cheap and kind of easy fix. To get tot he resistor, you'll have to take the glove box door off and it's right there.

I believe this pic is from a 96-00 civic, but 92-95 should be similar:

This should be easy. Thanks for the help teal_dx :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#342159 hmm this is some awesome info dude!

both my cars have the same problem only its #4 on both. if this is the fix that would be neato burrito :thumb:
By silverEG8
TrailerTrash wrote:hmm this is some awesome info dude!

both my cars have the same problem only its #4 on both. if this is the fix that would be neato burrito :thumb:

I found this a/c circuit diagram for EG civics. Maybe this would be of help to us. :)

By silverEG8
#342395 I opened the resistor block of my sedan's air-conditioning unit and true enough, the resistor for #1 was broken. I just connected the cut end to the terminals and it worked. I just don't know how long will that hold. The resistor wire is the already brittle. I'll just buy a new one if it breaks again.