Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By silverEG8
#341190 Hi Civic-EG. My radiator fan seems to be out of whack. A couple of months ago, my radiator fan just stopped while driving which almost caused my ride to overheat. But, before I even started repair, it started working again. Everything was going well, until today. When I started the engine to heat it up (I didn't use my car for a week), the radiator fan didn't came on.

I just let the engine run, hoping the fan would come on eventually, the engine temperature started to rise after a couple minutes but the fan still wouldn't come on, and that's where I knew that the radiator fan is malfunctioning again.

By the way, does the radiator fan come on immediately when your start the engine... or does it come on when the engine starts to heat up?

Thanks in advance :hehe:
By bietelboer
#341193 Normally the fan doesn't go on when starting the car, there is a temp switch that gives power to the fan when the car hits a certain temp.

Maybe the connector or the sensor is broken?
By silverEG8
bietelboer wrote:Normally the fan doesn't go on when starting the car, there is a temp switch that gives power to the fan when the car hits a certain temp.

Thanks man! :D
By silverEG8
junmadrid wrote:
bietelboer wrote:Normally the fan doesn't go on when starting the car, there is a temp switch that gives power to the fan when the car hits a certain temp.

Thanks man! :D

I found the problem. A part of the wiring from the cooling fan to the cooling fan relay was previsously spliced, when I touched it, the fan came on.

I just re-did the splice.
By bietelboer
#341206 Good to here that you fixed it! :thumb:
By silverEG8
bietelboer wrote:Good to here that you fixed it! :thumb:

Thanks! :D