Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By GERM
#340092 ok guys need some help with my car and i have no clue whats going on.

CAR: 1995 civic sedan. B16A no name coils chepo ebay camber kit.
PROBLEMS:
my right passenger side keeps rattling
its coming from tire/suspension area.
every bump or bumpy road causes it to rattle like crazy.
some times if the road is really bumpy it causes my steering wheel to shake so bad that it sounds like some one took a hammer and started hitting the back of my steering wheel.
it sometimes moves to the left or right while im driving, very slightly though.

WHAT I'VE DONE.
replaced the inner and outer tie rods,got a camber kit because my other was was so worn that the bolt felt of and i had to be towed home. checked all the bolts around the area of the rattling and they all seem to be tight.

if you have any ideas on what might possibly be the problem let me know. its getting so bad that i am feeling very uncomfortable driving this car.
thanks, and happy holidays!
By ihavesol93
#340095 sometimes a bad diff will do it. warped rotors, fubar'ed hub bearings. i had it for a while too. but it was my lsd.
By TrailerTrash
#340102 i had a similar problem with my coupe when i first got it. it was loud and i could feel it in the wheel.

i only felt/heard the noise while going over bumps or rough patches of road. took me awhile to actually figure out what it was(i was new to civics). it turned out to be a bad steering rack. it was literally rusting awayon the inside. i guess the seals went bad and let water get in and there was nothing but rust inside. so grease whatsoever the parts were all sloppy and worn. swapped out the rack for a good one and that was that

have you jacked up the front end and tried to wiggle the wheels to check for play anywhere? side to side aswell as up and down?
By GERM
#340120 thanks for the input guys.
yes i have tried to see if there was play.
i had play on both (side to side, but not up and down) but when i changed the tie rods it stoped.
i only changed the passenger side one though, and thats the one im having problems with.
if it was the steering rack wouldn't it affect both side?
my driver side is fine its just my passenger side.
By GERM
#340128 thanks for the info guys.
just to be more specific about the rattling, its metallic sounds like when you get a spray can and rapidly shake it side to side.
also sound like an exhaust rattle, but that's not the case here; just trying to be more specific.
sucks because its my only car, and i work to far to use public transportation.
anyways i will hopefully give it a quick check before work and see what happens.
again thank you.