Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By silverEG8
#339755 Hi civic-eg, the temperature gauge on my dx sedan is not working, even after an hour of driving, the gauge still won't go up.

After inspecting my engine, I found a piece of wire with an open tip near the transmission area. When I let it touch any part of the engine, the temp gauge would shoot-up to the very top, but it would return to the bottom, after removing contact.

I know the wire is attached to a temperature sensor or something, only thing is, I don't know where. Can you help me? Thanks :D
By TrailerTrash
#339756 heres a handful of pics in case some dont work

:thumb:
By silverEG8
#339762 Thanks for the info. :D
By Axix23
#339883 not to hijack this thread but didn't want to start a new one for a quick question. Is it normal for the temp gauge to go down when driving in colder weather? And when its stopped at idle, temp raises back to normal.
By TrailerTrash
#339884 happens to my coupe. theres nothing in the engine bay so when its really cold theres nothing to hold head other than the engine and the temp gauge drops a bit when moving. specially on the highway
By silverEG8
Axix23 wrote:not to hijack this thread but didn't want to start a new one for a quick question. Is it normal for the temp gauge to go down when driving in colder weather? And when its stopped at idle, temp raises back to normal.

At first, I just thought the slightly cold weather of the rainy evening was just causing this. But when I drove it on a hot-Manila daytime weather and still the gauge wouln't go up, I knew something was wrong. True-enough, I found out that the wire I saw was connected to the temperature sensor, and I was able to splice the wire back.

Thanks.
By Axix23
TrailerTrash wrote:happens to my coupe. theres nothing in the engine bay so when its really cold theres nothing to hold head other than the engine and the temp gauge drops a bit when moving. specially on the highway

This never happens to any of my other Hondas. Every eg I had does this tho..
By silverEG8
#340975 I must've pulled the wiring off the temperature sensor, that's why. :lol:
Now it's working just fine.