Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Dc802
#337799 Hi there, I've a few question looking for answers from all the experts on civic. Now to my understanding, when we turn the key to the ON position, the engine check light and oil light will come on for awhile then go off. However, in my B20v, it stays on until i start the engine then it will go off. Now, is this normal, or it signifies some problems? Another problem is regarding the RPM. My stays at 0 RPM at idles never mind it's warmed up or cold start. The needle also go back to rest at 0 RPM when coming to a stop after driving. One last thing is that my speedo went hay-wire recently. It will not move as the car move. It just stays at 0 Km/h. Some times it will starts to operate after driving for awhile but sometimes it don't. Please kindly enlighten me why all these abnormalities? Tks alot....
By brandoff88
#337815 sounds like the cluster is goin tits up, or possibly a vss, or vehicle speed sensor, most likely if the tach AND speedo are acting up its the cluster itself, id try swapping one you KNOW is good and see what happens, also double check wiring and grounds as well.
By Dc802
#337816 Tks, I'll do just that. Any idea regarding the other 2 problems?