Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By dingles9
#335805 so I just purchased a 1993 dx sedan. motor was swapped to a d16z6. anyhow, I bought the car with the owner promising me there wasn't any problems with the car. after owning it for a few days, I found out otherwise. here's the problems...

1st. when I start the car in the morning and it's cooler out (50-55 degrees), the battery light flickers. it comes on with the ignition, then when the car starts it goes dim then disappears after about 10 secs

2nd. I have no interior wiring. there was a wire tuck done and I can't find if they're tucked, missing, cut out. I'm missing rear defrosters (light comes on he dash but no wiring to them), none of the doors have the light switch on them for the dome light to turn on with opening the door. the dome light itself has no wiring to it, even down through the a pillar

any help is greatly appreciated!
By dingles9
#335809 also I am missing rear speaker wiring....smh wish I woulda looked a little harder before I bought this thing
By teal_dx
#335812 The battery light could be as simple as a loose cable or connection. All of the wiring missing inside is a mess... Probably wont know how bad it is until you gut the interior. Replacing the entire cabin harness may be the way to go on that one.
By nd1983
teal_dx wrote:All of the wiring missing inside is a mess... Probably wont know how bad it is until you gut the interior. Replacing the entire cabin harness may be the way to go on that one.

I agree with this. just replace instead of trying to find and repair.

JUICE wrote:Battery light doing that sounds like the alternator may be starting to go out

This is what happen when both of my previous alts died.
By dingles9
#335830 Just had alternator and battery checked, 100% on both
By nd1983
dingles9 wrote:Just had alternator and battery checked, 100% on both

how are the cables and connectors to and from the alternator?
By dingles9
nd1983 wrote:

The big green plug has some gunk inside of it. Anyone know how to get it out?
By nd1983
dingles9 wrote:
nd1983 wrote:

i use an electric connector cleaner spray and a brush.
By teal_dx
dingles9 wrote:
nd1983 wrote:

What kind of gunk? Sometimes connections have a little bit of grease to prevent corrosion.
By dingles9
teal_dx wrote:
dingles9 wrote:
nd1983 wrote:

What kind of gunk? Sometimes connections have a little bit of grease to prevent corrosion.

This was some orange crust. Not much. But I think its the contact grease and rust