Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By freakh2bSA
#334471 hi guys i own a EG sedan SADM.
im bored of my cars look and would like to fit the Hatch bumper. can it fit? where can i buy one as here in SA i wont find it.
thanks in advance
By Ajax1989
#334474 yes, you need to mod the fenders or the bumper,

or just deal with the gaps

if you search you can find multiple threads on it
By freakh2bSA
#334475 shot for reply buddy. im sure its easier modifying bumper.well not easy as it sounds lol
By dodger
#334476 actually pretty easy to do but youll need to swap some parts and modify others

parts youll need
2/3dr hood because 4dr are longer and will over hang
2/3dr bumper
2/3dr bumper support they are shorter for the 2/3dr bumper easier fitment than trying to wrap a 2/3dr bumper around the wider 4dr support

and ull need to modify the bolt holes from fender to bumper
By freakh2bSA
#334477 my problem is sourcing these parts. im from South Africa where we never had the 2/3dr models.

also with above mentioned parts is it all basically "plug n play"
By dodger
freakh2bSA wrote:my problem is sourcing these parts. im from South Africa where we never had the 2/3dr models.

also with above mentioned parts is it all basically "plug n play"

yes beside the fender to bumper bolts will need to be redrilled
By freakh2bSA
#334507 do yu have any contact details of scrap yards that might stick these bumpers and hoods?
By asianrob
#335523 iirc you guys dont get coupes or hatches there right? and are your cars called ballads? (something like that? )
By DeanPant
#336709 Did it to my sedan and I'm in SA

I can try help u source a bumper - PM me :thumb:
By MistahJuice
#336753 damn did a nice job fitting everything together. Crazy that you guys dont have 2/3 doors there. Makes me wanna head down tho the junk yard and start shipping shit out since I can get that stuff cheap haha
By DeanPant
MistahJuice wrote:damn did a nice job fitting everything together. Crazy that you guys dont have 2/3 doors there. Makes me wanna head down tho the junk yard and start shipping shit out since I can get that stuff cheap haha

U should!! ud make a lot of ppl happy this side of the world. I had to import everything for my eg hatch since i cant find parts locally, like if i damage a corner light, or fender. it has to be imported, sux so bad :x

Id love some spares, spoon mirrors and stuff lol :thumb:

Pricing on the hatch bumper is R1800. i had my bumper plastic welded, so a sedan bumper with the hatch center plastic welded in (if that makes sense) since i couldnt find 2/3dr fenders etc