Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 8lackeg8
#334360 hi guys im new so i just got a new eg sedan put a d15b in the car and now runs great but cel is on i checked it and it says its the knock sensor so i replaced the dizzy and the ecu still blinks the same amount of times any guesses unless im reading it wrong .. thanks for the help :o
By rustyrex
#334380 If the code said knock sensor why did you replace the distributor?
By TrailerTrash
rustyrex wrote:If the code said knock sensor why did you replace the distributor?

2nd
By 92civic_vx
rustyrex wrote:If the code said knock sensor why did you replace the distributor?
x2
:?
By 8lackeg8
#334411 everytime i went to autozone they kept telling me that the knock sensor was in the dizzy and so i bought it new and cant return it but no big too bad but i still cant find it and they never know anything and googled it but random sensors popped up can u guys shoot me a picture of what it looks like and location to look for it
By rustyrex
#334414 If you bought that dizzy at AutoZone you can return it. Call corporate and let them know if the store is giving you a hard time.
By Punksz6
#334430 X2 on what Teal said and yeah you can return it or get store credit at least. Also what is the code you are getting.

Your like 2-2 1/2 hours away from me. Pm me and I can try and help u out. Oh and you should be able to take it to another AutoZone aswell if that ones dumb. :thumb:
By 8lackeg8
#334440 ooo forgot my bad i went to autozone for info on finding the problem and the dizzy i got from a different place cuz it was cheaper 161 brand new so i got it and they wont accept refunds but its ok . i juat really want the "cel" off so i can smog it legit u know .
By 8lackeg8
#334441 ive been getting 4 fast blinks. ooo and what ecu should be in my.car cuz the ppl before me had thrown a rod the the engine so i know they were screwing with it like racing it.
By teal_dx
#334443 4 flashes is crank position sensor not knock sensor. In obd1 cArs the crank pos sensor is inside the dizzy, so at least you replaced the right part.

Did you try resetting the ecu to clear the code after replacing the dizzy? Does the car run better now with the new dizzy?

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=1558
By 8lackeg8
#334459 yeah i dont know how to reset the ecu??? i bearly found out how to get the codes out and read them.
By Punksz6
#334483 Disconnecting the battery for a couple mins or taking the 15 amp ecu fuse and 7.5 backup fuse out in the underhood fuse box, for a couple mins as well. Should clear the codes. :thumb:
By rustyrex
#334485 You only need to remove the back up fuse for 10-15 seconds to erase the codes.
By Punksz6
#334509 Sometimes that won't erase the code. At least 1 min or 2. :)