Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By gabriel0422
#334057 i own a 94 civic sedan automatic im running a stock D16z6 vtec engine. i recently replaced the radiator about a month ago because it was overheating. the overheating stopped for a while but than it started overheating once again. it cools down when i drive but heats up when im stopped. also i smell antifreeze when im driving and when its parked. I checked my car there are no leaks what so ever. i check my antifreeze level in the radiator and resvoir tank everyday and there good, so im stuck with this question? why is the smell there and why is it overheating? can it be my water pump? thermostat? any suggestions???
By nd1983
#334059 when you check the fluid level, they are good as in the same every day or are they lower but still lots of fluid?

as well have you pressure tested the system for leaks you don't see unless its running.

any signs of fluid on the ground under the car or around the block?
By gabriel0422
#334061 yaa like my fluid in the resvoir tank lasts for about 3 days than when i check it its almost gonee and its really hot like boiling... and no leaks any where at all. .
By teal_dx
#334063 Start with the simple stuff...

First, did you bleed the air out of the cooling system properly?

How old is the thermostat? is it OEM? If it's old or cheap, it may not be opening all the way.

Next, I would do a compression test. Air from combustion chamber could be leaking past head gasket into coolant passage, displacing coolant with air, causing the motor to get hot and boil the coolant over.
By gabriel0422
#334066 i do believe the thermostat needs replacement i jus bought a new one and i will put on tomorrow and also bleed the air
By TrailerTrash
#334067 awesome let us know if that helps :thumb: