Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By piratevtis86
#330980 Hello peeps hope everyone is enjoying their hondas,
Quick question to confuse ppl like myself :)

I have just done the corner light conversion to have lights and indicators. which looks mega.

when i turn on the first click on the lights the headlight come on too, which would be the original sidelights on a euro civic.

But i just want the corner lights on, so i took the small bulb out of the back of the headlight unit.

Turned on the lights to the first click thinking they would now be off and i can see the main headlight bulb is on but dull in both lights with engine on or off. i swear my other civics if you took the small bulb out the back of the headlight there would be no light.

confused? lol cheers guys help is welcome
By asianrob
#331020 so first click the headlights are on with the parking lights?

US civic's have 3 wires going to the cornerlights.

while everywhere pretty much had 2 wire.

it should be first click = parking lights ( US cars are corners lights and tail lights)

second click = all that plus head lights

what you want is the first right?
By piratevtis86
#331038 Hi yeah i would like the first click to be just the corners to come on
But the headlights lite up from the main bulb
By PGB
#331259 Could it be an earthing issue?
By asianrob
#331276 it could be that or maybe wired it up wrong?
By piratevtis86
#331403 hey guys thanks for your help its kinda weird maybe its just a standard feature on the euro saloon civics had a look at most of the wiring all looks good tho
By PGB
#331478 It still seems strange to me. If the headlight bulbs were meant to light up albeit dull, Wouldnt that defeat the purpose of having seperate parklights? I'm still leaning towards an earthing issue. Possibly not even of your doing, just in the headlight wiring somewhere along the line.
Just speaking from experience wiring in truck tail lights at work. If the earths arent connected correctly they lights light up in all sorts of odd ways such as the blinkers would come on dull not flashing when the parklights are turned on etc.

Shame though. It sounds like it would take away from the desired effect you were trying to achieve moving the parklights into the corner lamps. Be good to hear from someone around your way to confirm if its normal or not.