Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By SKUNKINckj
#325808 ok, my buddy has a 94 sedan with a B18b/vtec he got off craigslist with a really extensive wire tuck and harness work. about two weeks ago he backed the car out of the drive way and the floor board passenger side started to catch on fire. long story short there is some wiring black and burnt from left to right under the dash and a resistor was fried in the ECU. obviously a wire touched some metal some where and arced. WHAT TO DO??

he has a gsr wiring harness and a chipped p28 ecu. will these work to replace the engine side of the wires and the ecu?
But as for the wires under the dash(again, crisped wires everywhere)??? i feel that fixing what is there is out of my hands. Can some one please give me some info or maybe some diagrams for rerunning the whole thing, anything would help at this point.
By teal_dx
got off craigslist with a really extensive wire tuck

:( Unless I knew the person that did the work and could vouch they did it right, I'd steer clear of buying a wire tucked car... soo much room for disaster.

I would replace the entire harness if I were you. It is going to be a major PITA. Pulling the dash/interior will be the easiest part... Replacing the whole harness will take a long time but it's the only way to be sure that it doesn't happen again.
By Fada Blayne
teal_dx wrote:
got off craigslist with a really extensive wire tuck

:( Unless I knew the person that did the work and could vouch they did it right, I'd steer clear of buying a wire tucked car... soo much room for disaster.

I would replace the entire harness if I were you. It is going to be a major PITA. Pulling the dash/interior will be the easiest part... Replacing the whole harness will take a long time but it's the only way to be sure that it doesn't happen again.

I agree with Teal, buying a car with messed up wiring is always a pain and until you change the whole harness your "repairs" cant be guaranteed. Good luck :thumb:
By SKUNKINckj
#325815 agreed, if i was there i would not of let him buy the car. Will the gsr harness just plug into the civic? IF not what harness should i use? and for the civic wires, head to a junk yard and gut out another civic??