Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By #ROBIN#
#325178 I know whats wrong but dont know how to fix it...

I have fitted a b16b with loom and ecu, now my reverse lights dont work, how do I fix this?

Thanks in Advance
By familyEGuy23
#325191 Check reverse light sensor on transmission
Ps if you did auto to manual conversion and didn't wire the green and yellow wires on the shifter harness to the reverse sensor on the transmission that can be a probable cause
By #ROBIN#
#325239 at phantom_ my lights dont work because I have jdm ecu and loom, but your thread reminded me of this issue i have.

No was a manual but when I swopped out my ecu and loom for the jdm loom I had no reverse lights and all my plugs are in (first thing i checked)

at familyEGuy23 , so can i rule out the green and yellow wire seeing that it was a manual before?

Thanks guys

@ phantom tsek [smilie=boxing.gif]
By #ROBIN#
phantom-raceR wrote:@ rob hope you get to the bottom of this issue as this was very irritating for me

but im sure the guys on the forum will give some more great advice :thumb:

na not irritating at all, as I hardly reverse but would be cool to have it working again.

Yes i am sure i will get help on here. :thumb:
By kylenjdm93
#325903 to ROBIN, did you check your bulbs?

do you have acess to a power probe?

if not you can disconnect the wires and use a multi meter

check for continuity (OHMS) start with the pigtails at the reverse lights and go from there, work your way back until you either have ohms reading 0.000 or 0.001 0.002 up to 0.005 depending on your multi meter :thumb:

you will eventually find a broken wire or a wire that was not properly connected or not in the right spot

lastly its possible but not probable for your transmission to be broken or off in there were the revers idler gear is id pull it out and check it, make sure you have that washer on it, its needed for the space of the steel ball on the end of the sensor to function, if you have too many it will never work

the jdm cars use reverse lights too so converting the wiring shouldn't be an issue, I did say shouldn't, you did have idle problems also, a bad jdm ecu can cause all kinds of kinky Honda stuff to happen if your into a love hate relationship with your honda :thumb: :lol:

I hope I have helped you out in some way friend. :thumb:

:postwhore:
By #ROBIN#
#325904 Def not the bulbs as i thought it to be that aswell.

I bought the gearbox brand new, so not that either as i got it will all grommets, washers etc.

My idling is sorted, but I do see you have a point on the fact that because it being a jdm ecu it shouldnt mess with the reverse lights or switch.

okay will check it out this weekend.

Thank You so much for taking your time to reply to me, appreciate it :thumb: